Quiz of the week: Blind Defense with Suited Connectors

• djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

suited connectors are many players' secret darling with their great playability and the slim, yet existent chance of one day flopping a straight flush in a huge multiway pot. But how do these suited connectors fare in blind defense situations? When there are not more than two opponents (at max) around? Our author MiiWiin has created a quiz for you to test your skills while playing these hands in the blinds.

You you know when to fold, call or even 3-bet?

Was it too hard? Was it helpful? How did you do?
  • 5 replies
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      it was pretty good, and the explanations at the end are always nice. got 21/22 cos i elected to call instead of 3b on the last one. i'd still call all day, and 3bet less playable stuff like K3s or A2o.

2 things i didnt quite understand:

-on the last 2 questions it shows button's stats and talks about him like he's on the hand, but he folded ?(

-stats are like if it was FR... at least i wouldnt call a 13/11 a tag on sh, and 25/22 is not exactly loose either :D
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze

-on the last 2 questions it shows button's stats and talks about him like he's on the hand, but he folded ?

Think its because it will affect how often he will fold the BU and therefore how often it will be blind on blind. If it happens often you should 3bet him as it may put him off raising your BB in the future?

May be completely wrong though.
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      but calling will put him off too. and its easier to adjust to the 3bets, just open tighter and 4bet more. playing postflop oop can get uglier :D
    • djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      If the SB rarely has the chance to openraise as the button is always aggressive, SB's stats wouldn't show his true colors (= openraising range). Therefore the BU's playing style is also important.

But I'm just the translator, don't take my word for granted ;)
    • ionutd
      ionutd
      Bronze
      Nice quiz, I managed to score 18.

How would small pocket pairs (22-88) do in the same spots ? Wouldn't it be similar?