No Life

• Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      I am living in a 5x2m room, where I have my bed, computer and closet. I commit myself to this:

1. Play poker 10 hours a day
      2. Study from books and articles and analyze 5 hours a day
      3. Sleep at least 7 hours a day

And I am gonna keep doing this until I have at least 60 stacks for NL25 SH. Right now I am playing NL5 rush FR on Full Tilt. I took a shot at NL10, but I had 12-14 BI downswing (lots of cracked Aces), so now I am back at NL5 with 50 BIs. I am gonna play 10k hands a day on average (I am gonna make variance my bitch). I have spend thousands of hours in Lineage 2, so I know what "the grind" is.

I started this blog to monitor my progress, but the more important reason is, that I want to gather like 2 players around me to make sweat sessions. Also I want to coach someone who is struggling at NL5 after I prove that I am solid winner at NL10 over some sensible sample (150k+ hands).

I will make weekly updates over 70k hands and write down what have I read and learned during the past week.

See you in 7 days.
  • 35 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      :D Well this will give you a healthy colour............are you playing in the closet?
    • anplayer01
      anplayer01
      Bronze
      Good luck with that mate but not advisable. The more i play the more i realise you need a balance in your life or you wont be successful at poker in the long run. I play 9 tables 6 max past 1/2c, 2/5 and now up to 5/10c generally i play 25k hands per week round bouts. Main thing is to test the next limit with 1/3 stack size well thats wat i do so i don't commit full 100bb stacks into uknown oppenents.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      good luck
      with your level of commitment you can reach NL100 in 3-4 months maybe
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Don't forget to add eating into your daily routine
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Wow! Sounds tough, especially being in such a small room. Make sure you have the window open or it will smell like sweaty feet after a few weeks, haha.

Also I could do with coaching at NL5.

• harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      tb honest I don't believe that 15h of poker is possible for long period of time, but GL
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      having a life at the same time really doesn't have to take your focus away from the game that much. dedicate 2-3 hours a day to do sports, meet friends etc. and i think you'll have a much bigger chance of succeeding.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Good luck dude!
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      having a life at the same time really doesn't have to take your focus away from the game that much. dedicate 2-3 hours a day to do sports, meet friends etc. and i think you'll have a much bigger chance of succeeding.

Where is the insult in this? Come on, man!

Also good luck with the challenge :f_cool:
    • Zaonce
      Zaonce
      Black
      Uhuahua gotta love this blog :P i played world of warcraft (rank 14 anyone? :P ) i know more what grind is (check my blog) :P . Good luck and fuck real life :P
    • b0mbic
      b0mbic
      Bronze
      good luck ;)
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by ihufa
      I'm honestly shocked. I had to read this shit twice!
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      lol, and I though I was a heavy grinder :f_cry:
      Well, all I have to say is; Good Luck!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Sounds interesting, will be following the blog.

Although, I personaly think it will be pretty hard to keep it up in the long run as said above. If you can do it though, you'll come a far way.

Also, I personaly believe that playing normal tables will do you more good in the learning progress then rush will. If you're gonna play that amount of hours, you should be able to move up pretty fast anyway. Especially the low limits are crushable once you're good enough. Maybe the ABC-play works fine for grinding rush at NL5 and perhaps NL10 though I dont know...

No matter what, Good luck with it. =)
    • Southofheaven
      Southofheaven
      Bronze
      ABC poker on rush works until nl100 or so;
      gl, will def watch this blog closely as I have a grinding plan for the summer myself :)
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Your enthusiastm won't last more then a couple of weeks, from my experience.

Plase don't play 10 hours/day, you will get tired fast (especially a few days after you've started). Also, I think it's better to mix learning with playing. Play for 4 hours, take 1 hour off, study for 4 hours, take one hour off and play for 4 hours again. That's more then enough for 1 day.

You should also keep in mind that at the low stakes, spcially at rush poker on Full Tilt, variance is 0 EV at most, because every hand you play against diffrent opponents so they can't learn your game. Besides, micro/low limits players are not observant.

Wish you good luck. :spade:
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Pretty cool ill be following this :s_biggrin:
    • Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Thanks for everyones responses.

The reason I play Rush is tha I cant multitable much because I play on ancient 15" CRT monitor (i know, right!?) and Rush is the only option I have to get some decent volume.

And the reason for such a sick volume is, that I am unemployed (obviously) and I have to earn somehow. Whether I am tired and sick of poker doesnt have anything to do with it, I have to grind no matter what. Also I got my philosophy about the variance. Rocky Balboa said "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." I like that quote and agree with it. But I dont like getting hit. I would like to hit someone myself. Imagine that variance is like a nagging bitch. Sometimes she is nagging, sometimes she makes you pleasure. But she has to know, who the boss is. So every 100k hands streak is like a pimp slap, to let her know, where is her place. She has to know, its gonna be my way.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Magijec
      Rocky Balboa said "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."
      :heart: :heart: :heart:
      Best of luck to you man!