[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH BSS AA on dry board

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $23,82
      Hero:
      $30,37
      BB:
      $24,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, SB folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,10) 5:club: , 9:diamond: , J:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $1,35, Hero calls $1,35, BU calls $1,35.

Turn: ($7,15) 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero raises to $10,00, BU folds, BB raises to $22,40 (All-In), Hero calls $12,40.

River: ($51,95) 2:club:

Final Pot: $51,95

I didn't want to see BU calling turn aswell, so raised there, didn't really believe Villain had a set with the betting sizes he made there, and I was pot commited already so I decided to call his all-in bet. What would be the best bet line here? (maybe just minraise turn?)
  • 6 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Hi

I would raise on the flop (~$4.5) and than Check/Fold is the best line I think.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      You have to raise this flop as you don't want button to come along. And I'm not folding on this turn as well, just because he called our raise on the flop (assuming that he would) doesn't mean that he has a set. Some TPxK hands can be put in his range as well. The only two pair that would be calling preflop is J9 here (unless the villain is some sort of maniac). Anyway it looks like the BB is happy with both of you calling since he keeps (small) betting on the turn, basicly saying 'i want you two to come along'. But you never know on this limit and without a read this is an AI.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

I would raise the flop here, call the sneaky turnbet for pot control and reevaluate on the river. Against a reasonable player I wouldn't go broke on this dry board. Against an aggressive player it would be different.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      ok, will do that next time :)

how much would be a good flop raise? what if he reraises me there big (I think I can fold it to a reraise?)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      ok, will do that next time :)

how much would be a good flop raise? what if he reraises me there big (I think I can fold it to a reraise?)
      Like MMa7 says, unless you have a read jamming that flop with your AA is fine at NL25 SH since so many players will stack off on that flop with TPTK,QQ,KK or even less.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I think a flopraise to $5-$6 would be fine. If he reraises you big it depends on the opponent whether you go all-in or not. Agaisnt a tight player it's an easy fold but against all other opponents I would push. On NL25 there are many opponents who go broke with TPTK or QQ, KK, etc. as already mentioned.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81