This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

"Wrong, Do it again!"

• drupop
      drupop
      Bronze
      Hello Poker Strategy! ... again.

So i got my starting capital, gone.
      So i referred some friends and got some cash that way, gone.
      So i deposited some of my own money, gone.
      All of it gone as a result of lack of poor or even no BRM combined with tilting. Basically i would play way beyond my limits and when i would lose i would go even higher "to try and make it back".

And yet here i find myself again, not ready to give up.

Had some $3 dollars on Poker Stars and registered a 6-handed $1.1 MTT. 4k+ entrants with 2.5k+ players remaining and 450 paid places, it was in late reg, running for about 50 minutes. It wasn't a turbo tournament and the starting stack was 3k chips with 30/60 blinds when i registered so i thought it was worth it to register as i would not be under pressure from the blinds. So i did.
      Played for about 5 hours and finished 9th, won around $49.

So i`m looking at ~$51 and change on Poker Stars and this time i want to make it work.

I play mostly NL Holdem: SnGs and MTTs/MT SnGs and occasionally HU, very little ring game experience. Regardless of what i play i always prefer it short-handed and turbo if possible.

Known weakness other than not being able to follow a damn simple rule and manage my bankroll accordingly is playing suited connectors, almost all of them, and i almost always raise them preflop.

The plan for now is to log every single session in this thread and try and not go above my limits again.

Quick question: can i link my Poker Stars account to my Poker Strategy account in order to generate PStrategy Points even though i did not open my Poker Stars account through Poker Strategy?
  • 2 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by drupop
      Quick question: can i link my Poker Stars account to my Poker Strategy account in order to generate PStrategy Points even though i did not open my Poker Stars account through Poker Strategy?
      hi drupop;

I'm sorry, but it's not possible... :(

Good luck at the tables!
    • drupop
      drupop
      Bronze
      Old BR: $51.15
      New BR: $49.75

Rather short session, played 6 1$ SH SnGs and got 2nd place ($2.1) on two of them and 1 $1 90seats SnG and got 9th place ($2.7) on that.

What i've learned from this short session is that playing 4 tables at the same time is not for me yet. I'm not real comfortable with 3 tables either so i guess i`ll stick to a maximum of 2 games at one time.

I installed elephant but i can't seem to get it to track my progress on Poker Stars. I'll be back with more details on that.