"Wrong, Do it again!"

• drupop
      drupop
      Bronze
      Hello Poker Strategy! ... again.

So i got my starting capital, gone.
      So i referred some friends and got some cash that way, gone.
      So i deposited some of my own money, gone.
      All of it gone as a result of lack of poor or even no BRM combined with tilting. Basically i would play way beyond my limits and when i would lose i would go even higher "to try and make it back".

And yet here i find myself again, not ready to give up.

Had some $3 dollars on Poker Stars and registered a 6-handed $1.1 MTT. 4k+ entrants with 2.5k+ players remaining and 450 paid places, it was in late reg, running for about 50 minutes. It wasn't a turbo tournament and the starting stack was 3k chips with 30/60 blinds when i registered so i thought it was worth it to register as i would not be under pressure from the blinds. So i did.
      Played for about 5 hours and finished 9th, won around $49.

So i`m looking at ~$51 and change on Poker Stars and this time i want to make it work.

I play mostly NL Holdem: SnGs and MTTs/MT SnGs and occasionally HU, very little ring game experience. Regardless of what i play i always prefer it short-handed and turbo if possible.

Known weakness other than not being able to follow a damn simple rule and manage my bankroll accordingly is playing suited connectors, almost all of them, and i almost always raise them preflop.

The plan for now is to log every single session in this thread and try and not go above my limits again.

Quick question: can i link my Poker Stars account to my Poker Strategy account in order to generate PStrategy Points even though i did not open my Poker Stars account through Poker Strategy?
  • 2 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by drupop
      Quick question: can i link my Poker Stars account to my Poker Strategy account in order to generate PStrategy Points even though i did not open my Poker Stars account through Poker Strategy?
      hi drupop;

I'm sorry, but it's not possible... :(

Good luck at the tables!
    • drupop
      drupop
      Bronze
      Old BR: $51.15
      New BR: $49.75

Rather short session, played 6 1$ SH SnGs and got 2nd place ($2.1) on two of them and 1 $1 90seats SnG and got 9th place ($2.7) on that.

What i've learned from this short session is that playing 4 tables at the same time is not for me yet. I'm not real comfortable with 3 tables either so i guess i`ll stick to a maximum of 2 games at one time.

I installed elephant but i can't seem to get it to track my progress on Poker Stars. I'll be back with more details on that.