This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Trip kings bad kicker vs passive guy

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 649806
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $5.00
      Hero (BTN): $10.67
      SB: $4.24
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $4.52
      MP: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K :club: 6 :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.51) K :heart: A :club: K :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.05, BB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB requests TIME, BB calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.41) T :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB raises to $1.40, BB folds, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($4.21) 8 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.37 all in, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

this guy was basically min betting usually and check raise on the turn, shouts JQ. Was i right to fold on the river? possible fold on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can't fold the turn you get immediate odds to boat up against his QJ.

On the river I really don't think he's bluffing ever. Maybe he can play some other Kx hands like that and we tie with everything up to K9, I guess it depends how wide he's calling preflop and how likely he is to take a different line on the flop with trips. From your description it doesn't look like he'd be going nuts with just Ax either. I think folding is fine considering we'd only be calling for half the pot at best.

Hope it helps.