Rush Strategy

• 12 replies
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      BSS rather than SSS, but yes very profitable even at NL 25.
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      I just tried today...get that $5 bonus...=.=

What's the RUSH strategy???

um....where ... :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek:
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      It's the same game except with unknown opponents every hand mate.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Effanongen
      It's the same game except with unknown opponents every hand mate.
      I think you mean new, not unknown. :D
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Rush poker sucks. I played 5 hands and lost with Jacks (I had JJ) full of sixes against quad 6s..... ;)

No more rush for me.. ;)
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      How do you play SSS? The minimum buy-in is 40BB
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xmarukox
      I just tried today...get that $5 bonus...=.=

What's the RUSH strategy???

um....where ... :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek:
      Hello xmarukox,

If you go to the videos section of the site, Hasenbraten has a few RUSH strategy videos available for viewing. In the video he had a slideshow presentation outlining the pros and cons of RUSH as opposed to normal ring games. I suggest you have a look at it before you get too ahead of yourself and start playing it regularly because it is a lot different and very swingy.

Best regards,

Joronamo
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      I have a pretty good memory so I typically remember people that I go heads up against and slowly learn their play that way. Rush seems to have quite a bit of regs at 5/10NLH.

I play quite aggressive, and I'm probably averaging a buy-in every 30 minutes.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Abhorrence
      I have a pretty good memory so I typically remember people that I go heads up against and slowly learn their play that way. Rush seems to have quite a bit of regs at 5/10NLH.

Wow, you must run pretty good. How many hands have you played (what sample)?
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      Sadly I don't have a chart to back up my claims, plus I crashed a bit about 3 hours ago, and lost 2 buy-ins. But I'm more of a casual player so I play about 2-3 hours tops a day. I really would like to step-up my game, but its hard.

I'm roughly 300 hands an hour. I only 1 table. Once again I would like to step up my game in that department too haha.

But yeah I've been running quite well. I'm rather impressed. Just need to see how things turn over time.

I really enjoy rush poker.

EDIT: I'd like to mention that I just started playing yesterday morning as well. I took a long hiatus from poker since December :f_frown:
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I'm roughly 300 hands an hour. I only 1 table. Once again I would like to step up my game in that department too haha.
      [ ] Sample size

Good to hear you're winning but don't expect to keep winning at that rate for too much longer, variance will bite eventually.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      Yeah that's happened to me before. With my starting capital I got a while ago actually. I pretty much doubled up in 3 days SSS'ing on 8 tables at once. Then I crashed pretty hard and went busto in a week made good rake back the next 2 weeks though haha.

I really prefer playing $20-50 6 man DoNs but FTP doesn't have them. (I don't think so anyway)