check/call
        3%
        fold
        0%
      Total: 40 Votes
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $65.55
      CO:
      $49

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $6.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $22.00, CO calls $16.00.

Flop: ($44.75) 5:spade: , Q:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero ???

What do you think about the preflopplay?
      What would you do if Villain pushes all-in against Hero's 4-bet?
      What do you do on the flop?
  • 11 replies
    • lukastanx
      lukastanx
      Bronze
      Preflop I would call preflop raise of 6$, and then check/fold

on the flop in this situation all in because pot=stack
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      CO doesnt seem to raise too often preflop , so i dont like this 22$ reraise much.
      If i had to reraise , i would go directly all in to see 5 cards and get max fold equity. If i raised to 22 and he pushes i have to call because im only an underdog vs AA/KK and pot odds are too good. (Getting proper odds vs KK i think).
      On the flop id go all in , i might get some fold equity against AK/JJ or w/e plus opponent has only 27$ left.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Although it's a clear all in on the flop due to the stack size of Villain relative to the pot, I think this is played badly pre-flop. Hero is creating a big pot OOP with what is ultimately just a drawing hand, and he's more than likely behind before and after the flop. If Villain reraised with every pair of T's or higher or AKs, it's at best a coinflip at this moment and probably worse, although he might get the TT's and JJ's to fold on the flop. However, some Pokerstove calculations reveal that Hero has only about 25% equity in this hand with this kind of flop against the earlier mentioned reraising hands.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Vilain has a AF not to high and a PFR of 13% which after the his reraise puts him on top 3% hand range.
      I would call and then c/f the flop
      As played, push allin on the flop
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      Vilain has a AF not to high and a PFR of 13% which after the his reraise puts him on top 3% hand range.
      I would call and then c/f the flop
      As played, push allin on the flop
      AF isn't important for preflop decisions because it's only a postflop value. :)

Allin on the flop and I would call a push preflop.
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Calling 3bet oop with AK and c/f on flop is bad since you are gonna miss the flop 2/3 of the time and lose money in the long run.
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze
      Preflop: Overplayed AKo oop. If we put villain on a range of {TT+, AQs+, AKo} Hero is behind 43% vs 57% . I would have called $6.

I would call if Villain pushes and I would go allin on the flop. There's too much money allready in the pot to fold
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Seems to me that mostly everyone has it right here.

Bad preflop, but would have to call the 4 bet because of pot odds, and on the flop, all in.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      The preflop 4-bet against a 27/13 player is questionable. Yet, I like it. You could 4-bet/call here if you knew this guy is 3-betting kinda light. (which will be the case in MP3 vs CO imo)

I dont like calling here preflop OOP because you only hit in 1/3 of the times and if you do hit there are mainly 2 cases:

- your opponent has you dominated and will win your stack with aces or kings.

- your opponent had something like TT-QQ and folds if an ace or king appears.

does that sound good? no.

plus, even if we dont hit, we cant just always fold because our preflopcall would be -EV here. we cant just wait till we hit, we'd have to bluffpush at least some flops.

on the flop we should NOT push the flop. that is horrible.

he will have aces so often and even if he does not he will have either kings or queens, most likely queens because many players would have pushed KK pre because they dont want to have an ace appearing on the flop.

if we push, he might fold TT or JJ but I guess he would nt just call that preflop plus we cant be even sure if he folds with these odds.

this guy seems kinda reasonable, he's not going for a crapshot with small pockets or 76s here.

also note that in 99% percent of the times, our opponent will not just flatcall preflop but shove or fold.
    • MisterB73
      MisterB73
      Bronze
      I'm new to the statistics (am not using them myself yet), but isn't 198 hands a little low to trust the stats?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      The preflopplay is ok. You don't have to 4-bet but it's a legitimate play. If villain pushes our 4-bet we have to call. In such a spot and because of the stack sizes and stats it would be a mistake to fold. Villain only calls the 4-bet which normally means a big pair, maybe AK but that's not very often within his range. Because we don't get any of these hands to fold we should simply play check/fold here. Otherwise we are burning money.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81