[NL2-NL10] AJ big pot NL5 any reason not to cbet?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Once I made the cbet pot odds were too good to fold.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.28
      BU:
      $5.48
      SB:
      $6.71
      BB (Hero):
      $6.55
      MP2:
      $5.69
      MP3:
      $3.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.18, Hero raises to $0.85, MP3 calls $0.80, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.1) 3, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 raises to $2.48, Hero calls $0.98.

Turn: ($7.06) 6 (2 players)

River: ($7.06) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.06.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Ad Jd).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, fours(4c 4d).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, fours(4c 4d).
  • 4 replies
    • deeman30Rus
      deeman30Rus
      Bronze
      it depends on villain or check/fold if he is passive, or may be sometimes check/raise(if you think that he is aggressive blufer), but there is so much draw hands on this low suited board so he will never or rare fold his hand .
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      This was on rush poker and the flop raise was allin so I could not reraise.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I think 0.85 preflop is a bit much, id prefer to make it 0.70.
      In rush you don't have to c bet as much when you have missed your hand, because you're opponents have no information on your betting patterns and it could mean strength or weakness. I think betting 1 here would do the same.
      Just don't commit yourself in rush poker when it can be avoided, you can take some cheaper lines because of random opponents and get the same infomation.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      I think 0.85 preflop is a bit much, id prefer to make it 0.70.
      In rush you don't have to c bet as much when you have missed your hand, because you're opponents have no information on your betting patterns and it could mean strength or weakness. I think betting 1 here would do the same.
      Just don't commit yourself in rush poker when it can be avoided, you can take some cheaper lines because of random opponents and get the same information.
      Sounds good for the c-bet sizing if you decide to c-bet. That said, MP3 limped and coldcalled a squeeze preflop, he is either a huge calling station against which you can check/fold expecting him to check behind most of his range except stuff that crushes you, or he's "slowplaying" a decent pocket pair that he will never ever fold on that board anyway. Either way, I'd probably end up checking.

Hope it helps.