[NL2-NL10] KT flush draw vs pair

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I wanted to get it in on the flop since draw equity is highest on the flop, but after the raise I knew he had top pair and pot odds priced me in.

Is it better to call the raise and play passively by odds on the turn?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $4.93
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.55
      CO:
      $14.71
      BU:
      $8.27
      SB:
      $2.32
      BB:
      $2.27

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 3, 4, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, BB raises to $2.07, Hero calls $0.77.

Turn: ($4.56) 6 (2 players)

River: ($4.56) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.56.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Tc Kh).
      BB shows a pair of aces(Ad Jd).

BB wins with a pair of aces(Ad Jd).
  • 4 replies
    • deeman30Rus
      deeman30Rus
      Bronze
      to bad go broke with only 10 outs (1 out is bdSd)

cbet about 0.3 and fold, because you will not get much value from midstack villain even if you get ur flush on turn
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I wouldn't shove over the check/raise unless BB is being especially aggressive on flops. Would normally bet/fold or bet/call depending on raise sizing. You can't fold here to the minraise since you get almost direct odds. It doesn't matter if you have zero implied odds.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      He's quite short so it's ok to go broke with this, but you should have either re-raised him all in as a 3bet or just called his re-raise.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I wouldn't shove over the check/raise unless BB is being especially aggressive on flops. Would normally bet/fold or bet/call depending on raise sizing. You can't fold here to the minraise since you get almost direct odds. It doesn't matter if you have zero implied odds.
      This. Don't mix up overcards + nut flushdraws with naked nut flushdraws. In the first case you're flipping with any pair and still only a 2:1 dog against a set, in the second case you're a 2:1 dog against any hand that stacks off. I'd just call the minraise in position in this hand.

Hope it helps.