Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (€20.87)
      Hero (€10)
      BTN (€20.79)
      SB (€9.90)
      BB (€8.80)

Pre-Flop: (€0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO J:diamond: J:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to €0.40, BTN raises to €0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls €0.30

Flop: 9:club: 5:spade: A:club: (€1.55, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €0.70, Hero calls €0.70

Turn: 4:club: (€2.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €1.50, Hero folds

Looking at the hand now, I'd say 4bet PF, cbet flop and get it all asap.
      As it was played, folding turn ok?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm just 4betting for value here. As played, folding turn is ok. But I really don't think you should be looking to call 3bet, then check/call, check/fold with your marginal holding. That's exactly what BU wants you to do.

4bet stuff with good preflop equity but thats hard to play. Call and trap with monsters. Call and check/raise decent drawing hands. Don't need to balance since these players are just clicking buttons and usually not thinking.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Yeah I'm just 4betting for value here. As played, folding turn is ok. But I really don't think you should be looking to call 3bet, then check/call, check/fold with your marginal holding. That's exactly what BU wants you to do.

4bet stuff with good preflop equity but thats hard to play. Call and trap with monsters. Call and check/raise decent drawing hands. Don't need to balance since these players are just clicking buttons and usually not thinking.
      Agreed, 4-bet preflop. As played I'd probably call down, his 3bet% is just insane and I wouldn't be surprised to see him bet 3 streets with a worse hands without knowing himself why he's doing it.

Hope it helps.