UTG+1 (€9.85)
      CO (€10)
      BTN (€8.65)
      SB (€20.77)
      Hero (€10)

Pre-Flop: (€0.25, 6 players) Hero is BB 5:heart: 8:heart:
      [CO posts €0.10]
      UTG raises to €0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls €0.10

Flop: 5:spade: 7:club: 7:diamond: (€0.55, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: 8:club: (€0.55, 2 players)
      Hero bets €0.40, UTG calls €0.40

River: J:heart: (€1.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets €2.50, Hero calls €2.50

I'm not sure if I should fold PF, because playing with a hand with at least some potential vs a LAGat a cost of 1BB might be worth it.
      Flop I was expecting to c/c.
      On the river his overbet made me unsure, but his stats say he bets river 53% of the times ...
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I guess preflop is callable given odds if you don't make mistakes postflop. Am fine with folding, since these players are really hard to play OOP, and you can find better spots.

Flop check makes me think he either has a monster or some sort of showdown value. So I would be inclined to fold the river as played without further reads.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I guess preflop is callable given odds if you don't make mistakes postflop. Am fine with folding, since these players are really hard to play OOP, and you can find better spots.

Flop check makes me think he either has a monster or some sort of showdown value. So I would be inclined to fold the river as played without further reads.
      This. These players will usually find an excuse to bet with pretty much anything, when they don't it has to trigger alarm bells. You'll find that for most of these guys, when they start to check and play small ball they're trapping more often than not. The 53% river bet doesn't cover overbets, players that bluff by overbetting are quite the rarity at microstakes. I'd expect something more along the lines of "damn i suck, i slowplayed and now the pot is so damn small, let's bet huge to get paid off".

Hope it helps.