Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.72
      BU:
      $16.72

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.78 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) K:heart: , Q:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.92) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.92) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $3.60, Hero calls $2.70.

Final Pot: $9.12

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of jacks (Jh Js)
      BU shows a full-house, kings full of aces (As Ah)

BU wins with a full-house, kings full of aces (As Ah)

i blame this on the 6 multi-tabling and my 3h session . should've folded the river raise.... there weren't too many hands that i could beat in that spot , and my opponent stats aren't that bad :f_eek: . Weak play! :s_mad:
  • 4 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      [
      should've folded the river raise.... there weren't too many hands that i could beat in that spot , and my opponent stats aren't that bad :f_eek: . Weak play! :s_mad:
      You opponent stats are SCREAMING at you right now to fold this river. Solid rock villain who wouldn't make a bet like that without a very strong hand IMO.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Pre-flop:
      I don't like the re-raise. You should only call as 3betting isolates against better hands.
      Flop:
      I like the c-bet and the size. After you get called you are almost always beat.
      Turn:
      check/fold.
      River:
      check/fold.
      When you bet he is never calling worse as he will also fold the flush. When he raises you are definitely beat and you should never call.

PS:
      Try playing less tables when you are studying the game - not more than 4, have breaks every 40 mins or 1 hour and only play when you are well focussed.
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      10x guys
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with the preflop 3-bet, even 15/8 will call a bit lighter than usual in that situation and JJ doesn't play that well postflop without initiative out of position, tho it's not that hard either considering that guy probably won't barrel at you too much.

On the flop I like your c-bet too, but I disagree that you're almost always beat when you get called. You made it so small you'll often catch people peeling one card with a pocket pair even on atrocious boards. His hand kinda looks like a small pocket pair when he checks back the turn.

That said, when you valuebet the river and he raises, that should be a clear stop sign. He is NOT raising there with less than Qx and he's NEVER bluffing. Maybe if he happened to misread the board he raises TT but frankly i doubt it. Most likely he has you smoked since the flop and he just checked back the turn to mess with your head (it worked ;) ).

Hope it helps.