videos to iphone?

• 11 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Heffron89,

The videos are for the benefit of members only. Currently allowing d/l to pc's or iphones would open up the possibility of them being leaked publically to the detriment of members.

I'm pretty sure that I heard whisper of iphone capability in the future, assuming with some sort of security/lock to ensure not distributed, but could be wrong. Maybe one of the tech guys/girls can confirm.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      It works for cardrunners, savvy plus, dc why not here?
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      iPhone support would be great! My coworkers are very noisy and I have to use the headphones to be able to work. It isn't cool though to play the videos on the computer screen... If the boss comes around you'll be in big trouble. With the iPhone, at least I could listen to them, just as I do with podcasts. Go for it!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Just posting the following as this is the current standing and relevent to this discussion.

Appreciate peoples views regarding convenience etc, but until such time as the T&C's get changed and obviously it's in members own interests to keep such material private solely for members own benefit.

PokerStrategy Terms & Conditions

10. Copyright

Articles, texts and images as well as their arrangement are copyrighted. Users are allowed to make use of the contents of the Platform only for their own personal use; With regard to all videos on the Platform, Users are not allowed to download them. Without written permission from PokerStrategy.com, the User is not allowed to circulate, present, make publicly accessible, publish or link to this content.
      Bart
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      We don't need to download them... just to be able to play them. The iPhone won't play Flash movies.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It's not pokerstrategy's fault the iphone fails and doesn't even have flash.

I don't see how you can play them without downloading? I think it's obvious you won't be ever able to download them. Because no matter how good you protect something from benig copied, there is always a way to reverse the protection and copy it anyway..
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      They are already being traded all over the internet. :s_confused:

As usual DRM hurts the legitimate users while the thieves can watch videos on their iPhones.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      It's not pokerstrategy's fault the iphone fails and doesn't even have flash.

I don't see how you can play them without downloading? I think it's obvious you won't be ever able to download them. Because no matter how good you protect something from benig copied, there is always a way to reverse the protection and copy it anyway..
      it works on deuces cracked where u even have to pay for the vids so i dont see why it wont work here?
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Just posting the following as this is the current standing and relevent to this discussion.

Appreciate peoples views regarding convenience etc, but until such time as the T&C's get changed and obviously it's in members own interests to keep such material private solely for members own benefit.

PokerStrategy Terms & Conditions

10. Copyright

Articles, texts and images as well as their arrangement are copyrighted. Users are allowed to make use of the contents of the Platform only for their own personal use; With regard to all videos on the Platform, Users are not allowed to download them. Without written permission from PokerStrategy.com, the User is not allowed to circulate, present, make publicly accessible, publish or link to this content.
      Bart
      But some videos already leaked... Found at one torrent site...
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      While you certainly are right when you say that disallowing downloads doesn't 100% protect us from our videos being pirated, we certainly don't want to make it easier to do so.

You wouldn't leave your door unlocked just because it's technically possible to break through, would you? :)

Hadi
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      {Edited by TheBu11d0g due to certain parts of the post breaching our copyright law as posted by Bart (EagleStar) earlier, as well Rule 4 of the forum rules}

Rule 4: No posts that damage the reputation/business of the company

We are always happy to receive constructive criticism in our Feedback Forum at PokerStrategy.com, even if it is negative.
      The same rule applies to criticism aimed at our voluntary, freelance and permanent employees.

What is prohibited:
      • Anything that is legally regarded as libel
      • No negative campaigning: one thread for one topic suffices
      • Criticism should always be substantiated and presented factually