$2.73
      MP2:
      $2.28
      MP3:
      $18.31
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) 6, 2, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP3 raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.70, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.7.

Felt I could get a low Ace to fold, and avoid tricky situations OOP against lower pocket pairs/second pair. Was not planning on investing much more after this re-raise.
  • 8 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Nice hand. Do you not use any software? Be nice to see villains stats to help evaluate the hand imo. Did he give you cause to doubt his min raise earlier on?
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      I haven't been using stats in the two months since I've been building my bankroll in PS, though I have started using the trial mode, so villain's stats will be posted in the next hand evaluation. What's the consensus on these software thingies anyway? Good for the player, not for the game, good for both player and game, or bad for player because it dulls our sense of observation?
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Anyway, from my recollection the guy was pretty loose and liked to fire when he felt he had doubts. So I couldn't really give him too much credit for a showdown-worthy hand. Either that, or he puts me all-in with his set of 88's or something, and I find an easy fold. :s_biggrin:

Feeling like a real shark for the first time (though rest assured, I'm still a big :f_eek: )
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I used to play w/o software. Been using the full PSElephant now for a couple of months and looking at HEM. Much prefer to play with stats. Just more information, especially when you multi table more than 6 tables.

I think if you felt villain in this hand was capable of trying to buy the pot by representing an ace on the flop, then yes, your move was correct. If however, he was any kind of decent grinder, a call might have been in order and re evaluate on the turn. If you had stats up and he was something like 15/6/500, then it would be a fold no doubt.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      Flop:
      You should bet a bit more to get value from weaker pairs and flush draws.
      Once he reraises you, you should fold. If you feel like he is making a move then you should call but I wouldn't adivse.
      3-betting isolates you only against better hands and is never good here.
      Another thing to keep in mind is you should not bluff almost at all at micro limits.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Not even as a CBet?
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Black
      You should certainly cbet, but when you get raised you should fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Blurry spot without any read, I could see myself doing anything from c-bet/folding to c-bet/calling to check/folding to check/calling. Likely I'm never c-bet/3-betting without reads, either we're way ahead or we're way behind against most players, it's not worth committing half a stack to find out which it is.

Either c-bet/fold or check/call the first time around, c-bet/call or check/call if you're already some clue that he's somewhat aggressive.

Hope it helps.