[NL2-NL10] NL5 - AKo - SB + BB call...

• wowadvisor
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU folds, SB calls $0.23, BB calls $0.20, UTG1 folds.

Flop: ($0.8) A, 3, J (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.80, SB folds, BB raises to $5.25, Hero calls $2.95(All-In).

Turn: ($10.8) 6 (2 players)

River: ($10.8) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.8.

I need advice on this hand. The SB and BB call after I isolate a fish limper from UTG ...

the SB and BB can have small PP or any 2 cards?? I dont know if i should have folded on the flop after the reraise because it looks so strong?

the stats of the BB are also solid enough .. a TAG :f_confused:
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

SB is a non-problem, we don't really care what the halfstacking fish do, he could have anything when he calls preflop we're not folding TPTK to him ever.

BB's line looks very strong on the other hand. You isolated a limper preflop so most people will immediately put you on some kind of Ax hand, yet he donked out huge into both you and the shortstacked fish on a AJ3 2t board. Might do that sometimes with AQ if he doesn't want the board to get checked around, maybe he does that sometimes with a big draw like KdQd hoping you go away when he bets into the fish, of course he can always show 33/AJ and maybe JJ tho it'd be better for him to check to you with those hands.

I think I'd just call, keep our options opened and keep the fish in the pot if possible. It's not worth it to try and stack the few draws we're ahead of right on the flop if it costs us the fish in my opinion. Wouldn't quarrel with anyone wanting to raise/call either tho. I don't really think we can find a fold somewhere without a better read on BB.

Hope it helps.
    • mishuq
      just a few thoughts...
      if u call flop, u must fold to a bet if a :diamond: comes on turn.
      u can for sure be behind already but tbh I would aproach your line at this limit rather than the deffensive one even more so since we're not affraid of sb
      oppinions/reasons against this ? ?(
    • MaestroOfZerg

Folding is fine by me if he jams a diamond turn, since I since it's extremely unlikely he'd just shove a hand like AQ on such a card.

I don't really see calling the flop as a defensive line, I'm just trying to keep the fish in with whatever he has, since as you said we're not really afraid of him. If you want to raise/call like I said, I won't argue with that either.

Hope it helps.