AA: What did I do wrong here?

• UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I had put villain on a flush draw and tried killing his odds but this didn't work, where did I do wrong? Probably the shove on turn? ?(

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.23
      CO:
      $6.71
      BU (Hero):
      $5.49
      SB:
      $4.93
      BB:
      $4.18
      UTG1:
      $8.11
      UTG2:
      $5.75
      MP1:
      $3.48
      MP2:
      $3.65

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.27, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.22, UTG2 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.88) 7, 9, 4 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG1 calls $1.00, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($2.88) T (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $4.22, UTG1 calls $4.22.

River: ($11.32) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.32.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens(A A).
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, tens(J T).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, tens(J T).
  • 21 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      He was calling you no matter what you did on the flop. Be sure to put a note on him and get him later on when he won't catch his draws.

NH.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      SO i played it correctly in the end? The note is already there anyways.
      Do you think the overbet for killing the flush draws was correct?
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      If by 'killing' you mean 'making him fold' - no, you don't want that. I like the overbet if you're confident he will peel with his draws with incorrect odds.

Also, I play PLO, so, ummm, what's up guys? :f_cool:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      he has 2 "overcards" + gutshot + flush draw, with close to 50% equity against your AA on the flop.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      he has 2 "overcards" + gutshot + flush draw, with close to 50% equity against your AA on the flop.
      Ok but at this point he doesn't wonder why I'm betting so strong, ok he/she's a Level0 thinker and is our best customer; how do you see my betting pattern anyway, was that correct in the hand?

By killing his odds obviously I mean forcing him do a bad call :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Stop being results oriented imo
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I don't get you, for me result in this hand has 2 parts:
      1) Gain some money right there
      2) Getting some money in the future by his bad calls

A few bucks are worth a note on this guy hoping to find him again and that luck is not on his side again but my goal in this post was to understand if/where I did errors in my thinking process.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i dont think your thinking is wrong. if your overbet is with the read that he is on a draw and will call you down then thats a good move. but if your overbet is to bet him out of the pot, i think that is a bad move. a 2/3 pot size will be enough to give him the wrong odds to call if he's going for a FD.
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Ok the zzz part is clear :s_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I mean, if you did the overbet in hopes of getting called then it's all ok imo, but if you did overbet hoping that he will fold his FD then there's some flaws in your thought process.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Nothing wrong here.. You've put the money when you're statistically ahead. Being statistically ahead doesn't guarantee that you will win. When you have the NuTzzz then you can say that you will win (100%). Move on do the same play whenever you suspect of the same game against any type of player...
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Indeed I thought "he's on draw and gotta pay his beliefs", surely I didn't want to outplay him, anyway the 3/4 is enough, I agree.
      NOTE: I stop playing today because had other 2 suckouts and even if mindset is on my side luck is not (777 Vs TTT on river and QQ Vs 222 on river :f_frown: )

Now let's go shove some chips at rnd1 freerolls for main event race :s_evil:
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      Dude, he had a flush draw AND a pair on the turn, how could he lose? Type it into Donkey Equilator 1.97 and you'll find that he's a 78% favorite over you. You have alot to :club: :club: Learn :club: :club: young one
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Effanongen
      Dude, he had a flush draw AND a pair on the turn, how could he lose? Type it into Donkey Equilator 1.97 and you'll find that he's a 78% favorite over you. You have alot to :club: :club: Learn :club: :club: young one
      Effanongen:
      i think u need to learn how to
      1) enter the hand into equilator carefully
      2) type carefuly
      3) read carefully

either one of the above. just be more careful old one
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      Effanongen:
      2) type carefuly
      3) read carefully

Donkey Equilator, not Poker Strategy Equilator.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Effanongen:
      2) type carefuly
      3) read carefully

Donkey Equilator, not Poker Strategy Equilator.
      ok nice
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Overbet on turn is a very good play imo. Suppose you bet 2/3 pot and he calls. Any river club 6 8 or J puts you in a tough spot. Looking based on the cards he has J T 8 or club to beat you. This 17/45 = about 38% of the deck which actually would give him the odds to call any bet on the turn if you don't overbet. That combined with his implied odds if he hits makes a favorable situation. Your overbet still doesn't deny him the odds to call but he is in a much less favorable spot so nice play.
    • pokerpuppet
      pokerpuppet
      Bronze
      No, you never want to get rid of your opponents if you hold AA but defenetly should raise big and overbet if needed.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      You couldn't have played it better if you were confident he'd call overbets with draws. This type of players will bring you alot of money as long as you don't lose your confidence and go on tilt when they suck you out.

WP