[NL2-NL10] turn bet on super wet flop rush poker

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.39) 5, T, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.99) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.65, SB calls $0.65.

River: ($2.29) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.29.

i thought that any flush would have completed and that an ace would have me beat. the bet on the turn was more of to get a weaker flush to fold or ace to fold. his check on the turn signified weakness but should i have made a bet or given up the hand? can i assume on the turn that he had something better than me?
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      C-bet is ok although not mandatory. When he calls he has a spade or at least an A.
      Definitely check/fold. You are only betting as a bluff here and you should almost never bluff on micro limits, reason being that he will call you very light.

PS:Bluff less, more value bets.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Indeed you're bluffing on the turn and you're actually never folding out anything that beats you. Any spade is calling, Ax is likely calling again too unless he's quite tight. If you want to bluff you need to fire the river to possibly take him off Ax and small spades, but as x3mwisp said, at microstakes you're better off assuming nobody is ready to fold a flush ever. Check back the turn and try to see a showdown by default.

Hope it helps.