$19.13
      BU (Hero):
      $10.26
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $5.07

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) A, T, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.85, BB calls $0.95.

Turn: ($4.06) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.05(All-In), Hero calls $3.05.

River: ($10.16) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.16.

the purpose of the re-raise on the flop was for him to call and put him all in by the turn. would we put him on anything higher than a TPTK? perhaps a higher 2 pair? am i all in anyway?
  • 4 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Fold preflop actually I prefer. If they were suited then maybe try to steal the blinds with some showdown value, but against unknows I would normally fold this without seeing any action.

I think your preflop raise should be good enough for a blind steal attempt, but any kind of pressure from the blinds and I would muck the hand.

On the flop, bottom 2pr is a good hand. The flush draw is there though so you should lead out for at least 3/4psb. Getting raised here usally isn't a draw, so reraising here is right, just your reraise isn't enough. I would have gone 4x his raise for $2.40 or so. You want a weak ace to call here, and draws to fold.

Ugly turn card. Tempted to fold here, but would likely call and hope to boat up.. River is a definite fold. You just got trumped by a better 2pr or better and you can't be ahead of anything.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Pre-flop:
      It is better to fold pre-flop as 9To is not good enough and because SB and BB don't have fullstack, thus not giving you enough implied odds.
      Flop:
      When he reraises you, his range should look pretty strong. He should have at least TP good kicker, or draws. If you have a read that he is aggressive or really loose then 3-betting for value is ok. In that case you should move all-in.
      Turn:
      When the flush hits and he donks all-in you are almost always beat. You should have arround 23% and you don't against his range.

Try playing tighter pre-flop to avoid closer spots or at least until you have really good reads.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Preflop: 9To is a really standard BU open. Only looking to fold if there's some sort of spazz short/midstack behind me.

Flop and turn: Am fine with stacking off vs most players. Would prob 3bet a bit larger on this board to commit myself. As played, I think turn is fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Preflop: 9To is a really standard BU open. Only looking to fold if there's some sort of spazz short/midstack behind me.

Flop and turn: Am fine with stacking off vs most players. Would prob 3bet a bit larger on this board to commit myself. As played, I think turn is fold.
      This. BB has a full stack and he check/raised to 3x, looks to me like he's quite possibly a tag regular. So he probably wouldn't check/raise that A-high board without either a draw or a strong made hand, and most likely he would 3-bet jam the flop with two pairs and sets. So either he tried to get fancy with those hands then got scared when the flush got there, or most likely he c/r a flushdraw, called the 3-bet with ok odds and opened jammed the turn when he hit to prevent a check behind.

Hope it helps.