Where Eagles Dare II - Steps to WSOP 2010

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Picture to follow - just seeking copyright approval from owner, a fantastic guy who takes awesome photos

Intro

Hey guys/girls, Bart is back with his Sng Steps, like a phoenix errr eagle from the flames, this time on a far superior platform (Full Tilt) but with an equally challenging quest.

For those that don't know me by now "where have you been!" =) unless new of course in which case welcome to the community ;)
      Here's last years failed quest where I had a superb run gaining a $800 ticket from a 10cent step and was just 1 step away from a shot at Vegas (total of just $4 spent lol):

Original "Where Eagles Dare (Steps to WSOP)"

Quest

To gain a $12k WSOP Main Event package and/or option to turn it into cash instead.

This will be achieved (or not, only time will tell lol) solely from entering the lowest step and winning tickets to each next step up.

I have allocated an initial $100 bankroll for this quest, but have a further $200 in reserve if needed with more available at my discretion.

* As a big advocate of this great community and it's superb membership, if I succeed then a proportion of any Vegas m/e winnings (or a proportion of the $12k if taken as cash) will be returned to community members in a manner/event/series of events of my choosing. *

The Steps explained

There are 7 Steps on Full Tilt ranging from $3.30 buyin for step 1 to $2,100 for step 7.
      To make this more of a challenge and to enable multiple low cost attempts, I've added in additional steps and will start each attempt on a 30cent/35cent sng step. Full details below:

Where Step
      A1 = Sat to Daily Dollar paying out $1.00/$1.00/$0.25
      A2 = Sat to $1 Main Event paying $1.10/$1.10/$0.50
      B= Reg/Turbo 9 seat Sng paying $4.50/$2.70/$1.80
      C1= Super Sat to Double Deuce paying $5.50/$5.50/$5.50
      C2= Reg/Turbo 9 Seat paying $9.00/$5.40/$3.60

Looks complicated, but it all works out, have trialled a few already.

Support/Encouragement/Suggestions/Advice

All very much appreciated, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Let the variance commence lol

Best regards,

Bart
  • 50 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Actually started this a couple of days ago, will post the initial results shortly including yesterdays shocking results :rolleyes:

Just need to t/f stats from pc to lappy.

Cheers,

Bart
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hey Bart,

Best of luck to you, we'll all be routing for you.

peche
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Good luck Bart, i'd love to do the same thing but unfortuneatly im not 21 :/

im very interrested in how this turns out =)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Good luck Bart, i'd love to do the same thing but unfortuneatly im not 21 :/

im very interrested in how this turns out =)
      You can still do it and save the money for next year.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the kind words guys, really appreciate it :f_love:

Shame your not 21 ihufa, but I really can't see you playing the 30cent sng's to be honest :D You'd probably start at step 6 ;)

Cheers guys, keep the support coming, going to need it, especially on the first few donkament steps.

Bart
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Good luck man. When you run into me - give me a walk once in a while :f_cool:
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I presume you'll get rakeback then if not fulltilt points atleast to help on this quest what will happen to these moniez?

How you are playing these games in sets? Just 1 tabling?

Also are there a set number of buy-ins you want for each step before you go onto the next?

Wish you much luck, if you play aswell as last year, then this time with a higher player pool + better software you've got a great chance. :s_evil:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks James,

I must admit I hadn't even thought of rakeback/FTP points, just so glad to be on a stable platform.

I'll keep a note of the rakeback because when/if it hits $100, then I'm effectively freerolling or can re-invest it. I won't worry about showing ftp on this occasion though.

I'm varying my play, doing whatever I can in the little free time i get. Generally I'm 6xtabling the micros in sets, but will 1x or 2xtable the higher steps to get maximum benefit from reads etc.
      Ideally I would want to get as many up on each level as possible before moving on to avoid any possibility of scared money, but boredom was a big factor last time out so will do a little bit of everything to vary things.

Of course as usual with me, I'm not using any software help or HUD or anything.
      I'm not even worrying about scopeing people (yet), will just avoid my red (strong) flags wherever possible.

Thanks for the kind words, not going great at the start, taking time to adjust play to the micros, but we'll give it a damn good crack :)

Cheers,

Bart
    • antonin87
      antonin87
      Bronze
      good luck bart, will definitly follow this thread to see how you doing!!!
      maybe i will even try the steps too :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Goodluck!, i read the last one, hope you make it this time! :f_grin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks antonin87 & haha, appreciate that.

Yeah go for it, just try to avoid the winged one, because despite current form (stats/chart follow shortly) I can on occasions run hot :f_cool:

@ everyone - I just had a thought. I've managed to load a couple of the sng's into the Universal Replayer. It was mtt only before, but now seems to accept sngs. So I was thinking that I would perhaps show a random game every now and again for self-analysis and also to get others feedback/thoughts/suggestions.

Anyone actually know how to hide the opponents names in Universal Replayer though? Not really fair to plaster their names over a forum and think might be against Full Tilt T&C's. Can't see a problem if blanked out though.

Thanks again antonin/haha/everyone,

Bart
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I didn't think of it before Bart you you can now buy tournament tickets in the FTP store, the academy store, and the medals store. Here's an outline for the Step 1 prices but you could obviously save up more points for higher steps. I am not sure about a rakeback hit but it isn't going to be much.

20 Medals
      675 FPTA Credits
      750 FTP Points
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hey Bart... Good luck with the challenge... I'll be a keen follower!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      goodluck barty
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys/girls,

As promised, heres the first few days results updated including todays. Using the same format as before hopefully everyone will understand it, if not shout. It basically shows (in blue) the number of tickets currently held on each step e.g. Step A (x226) is 226 step A tickets. This is really the only important thing to show for this challenge.

I don't really know why I've shown the total value of tickets held as the final outcome can only be one of two possibilities either:
      (a) $12.5k or
      (b) $0 :D

It's good for morale to see it creep up though. :f_grin:

Damn if ever I was going to bok myself, that was it :f_mad:

Started with 153xA1, 154xA2 & $0.20 residue btw, but already thinking might need more. We'll see.

I've been a bit disappointed in my performance overall so far, but it's actually pretty difficult to re-adjust your game down to the micros after being used to higher levels.
      Players are so much more unpredictable on these donkaments compared to the higher buyins. You will pretty much get multiple callers with any 2 cards which means holding cards like AQ and AK hold much less equity than against better players.
      For example:

My AKo vs Good player AQo
      My AKo vs "Skillfully challenged" player T7o.

Look up the Equilator values, a few of you (not seasoned Sng'ers of course) might be surprised at the difference :f_eek:
      Spoiler at the bottom of this post

Anyhow like I said, a little disappointed at my slowness to adapt, but doing ok and if you look at the stats so far (seriously small sample size so don't read too much into them), it appears I'm doing ok:

Overall: 119 played, 47.1% ITM (Top 3), $12.23 profit, 19.4% ROI.

Step A: 95 played, 48.4% ITM, +$8.63, 27.7% ROI
      Step B: 20 played, 45.0% ITM, +$5.88, 24.5% ROI
      Step C: 4 played, 25% ITM, -$2.28, -28.6% ROI.

I haven't picked out a sample game to show yet, but do intend to in future, maybe get a reader to pick one at random eek which might give away some of my moves on people :s_evil:

Anyway enough waffle for now, more tomorrow, wish me luck and keep those thoughts, suggestions and opinions coming :s_thumbsup:

Best regards,

Bart

Equity AKo against AQo 74.0%: Against T7o 64.5% all other factors being equal.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      good luck :)
      Bronze
      This is a really cool blog.. I missed it the first time around.

Good luck!! I will follow at every update.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Best of luck, Old... errr.... In the prime of life... *pause to change feet* Bean! Ship that $12.5k (less expenses)! :s_cool:

Originally posted by EagleStar88
      For example:

My AKo vs Good player AQo
      My AKo vs "Skillfully challenged" player T7o.

Look up the Equilator values, a few of you (not seasoned Sng'ers of course) might be surprised at the difference :f_eek:

Equity AKo against AQo 74.0%: Against T7o 64.5% all other factors being equal.
      Shame on you, Bartimus Maximus! It's all about range! So if villian called with a hand range something like 62% you have a massive... really?... I'll have to redo it... okay, think it freakin' must be... 65.5% equity... :f_mad: ... CURSE YOU, YOU CRAZY "SKILLFULLY CHALLENGED" PLAYERS!!!
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Good luck with your 2010 challenge Bart!

As for the equity example you give that's a nice one, I guess in the ends it all boils down that with AQ an ace flopped would be a loss, while playing T7 you have in fact 2 possible cards that could hit the pair.

Does it means I have to go all-in with every two cards? :f_p: