[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Kj riverplay

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (MP) ($57.20)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($108)
      BB ($58)
      UTG ($48.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, J
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $5.50, Button calls $5.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($13.25) 6, 10, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($13.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, Button calls $9

River: ($31.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, 1 fold

Total pot: $31.25 | Rake: $1.50

Pre: UTG was raising a lot and I once in a while pick his raises. Dont know what to think of BU coldcall, seems like regular tag :?

What about river play? Villain has about $35 left and I have him covered. Push? bet/fold or is it bet/call? ( i was not sure what I would if he would push)
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      APre-flop:
      If UTG is lag and KJ is ahead of his range you should call and choose other hands for 3betting light like 67s or 9To.
      BU's coldcalling there should be really strong like (TT+, AQ+) or even tighter.
      Flop:
      Given the equity of the oesd and the initiative you should cbet a bit more than 1/2 pot.
      Turn,River:bet for value, i like your sizing and you should call if he pushes as you are pot comitted against his range. He will be pushing slowplayed sets and AQ,KJ and flushes.

PS:You should bet with equity a lot on the flop as PFR even in 3bet pots.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think KJ is not terrible hand to 3-bet ip
      On that board i´d prefer bet/shove
      You have enough equity and if he calls then you can even consider shoving on blank turn card
      If you´re going to check then I like more c/rai than c7c the same reasons for bet/shoving
      river is b/c, since I´d expect him to bet his flushdraws on the flop