This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hello

• Xavier006
      Xavier006
      Bronze
      Hey, I'm a young guy under the age of 20, got introduced to poker a couple months ago by my friends, and then decided to play the next night with a fiver... and lost it all.

Basically now i really want to win consistently, and for some bizarre reason i find studing poker interesting... which is good. I really like the look of this site and I'm looking forward to using it's resources.

Firstly though a quick and maybe stupid question; i managed to pass the quiz, and the $50 capitol; I live in the UK, can i still use the money, and potentially withdraw any winnings, even though that seems a tad optimistc rght now? I'd appriciate any help :)
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Xavier006 & welcome to PokerStrategy :)

You've certainly come to the right place, we have strategy material, free live coaching sessions with hugely experienced players, media, sample hands forum etc etc in bucket loads :D

Take your time to browse around. Some material will currently be locked from you, but as soon as you receive the starting capital and are up & running, you will automatically be upgraded to "Bronze" status. From there more and more material becomes available to you at each status step.

Regarding the starting capital, yes not a problem. Your funds are sent to your chosen platform in U.S. dollars as is most common for poker games, although some platforms do actually now accept £, € etc.
      Once you have achieved a set number of player points (link shown here), the money is yours to keep, to withdraw or indeed to retain and build on further. Many players have turned this into a sizeable amount of money over time.

You'll also find we have a vibrant, fun & friendly community here with everyone eager to help each other out in terms of advice and experience, you'll fit in just fine ;)

Just remains to wish you every success and enjoyment in your poker and I look forward to seeing you active around the forums in due course.

Best regards & good luck,

Bart
      (also U.K. - South Coast)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Xavier and welcome to the Community :)