[NL2-NL10] NL10 - Straight draw

• bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,35) K:heart: , Q:club: , A:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets $0,40, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,75

He bet $0,40 into a $0,35 pot. Those odds were bad enough for me to fold my hand. Besides, my chances of hitting a T were about 8%, right?

On the other hand, the SSS tells me that I have to go all-in on the turn/river with a draw (or made hand). But doesn't that only count for open-ended straight draws and flush draws?

Anyway, I think I made the right move here. How about you guys?
  • 6 replies
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hi bL1z,

The fold was correct. It is only OESD, Flush Draw, or Monster Draw...and you don't play draws after a freeplay in the BB (unless it is a very good draw and you have very good pot odds.)

So nice hand :D

Kknight
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      Thanks. :)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Good fold, you only have 3 clear Outs here, the Ten of clubs isn´t a clean Out. And if you hit your Jack, any A, K, Q or Ten beats you.

@Kknight

It´s not an OESD. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hi Berliner,

I know that the given hand isn't an OESD...I was responding to his comment about going all-in on the turn with a draw. My comment was that you only play OESD's, Flush Draws, and Monster Draws and only if you are the preflop aggressor. Sorry if my comment wasn't clear.

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      No it was my mistake, I just saw your comment and the "OESD" was pointing out. I did not really read your post (maybe I should do in the future :D ).
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      LOL...not a problem. After re-reading my post I figured that was probably the only way you could have misunderstood me. If you only read the first sentence and a half of my post it looks like I'm saying "The fold is correct because you only have an OESD." :D

Thanks,
      Kknight