[NL2-NL10] nl2 extracting value with flopped quads

• monty90
      monty90
      Bronze
      I think i missed a lot of value on this hand and wanted a bit of advice on how to best extract value.
      Had only played about 10 hands at the table so no reads.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($3.95)
      BB ($2.29)
      UTG ($3.27)
      CO ($2.97)
      BTN ($1.53)

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

FLOP ($0.06) J:heart: 2:spade: 2:club:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB calls $0.06

Should i be raising the flop i was sure i need to call to keep both players in the hand?

TURN ($0.24) J:heart: 2:spade: 2:club: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24, BB folds

should have raised the turn because any hands he betting both streets may call a raise? my problem with this he may fold all ace high bluffs.

RIVER ($0.72) J:heart: 2:spade: 2:club: 9:spade: A:spade:

Hero checks, UTG checks

i checked the river hoping he had made the flush or hit the ace or may even try a bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Flop:
      It is a good flop to cbet with anything you raised. When you flop a good hand you should also cbet so that when you bluff they give you credit.
      Turn:
      Definitely raise here because you want to get value.
      River:
      You should bet to get value from an ace, the flush a J and whatever else he wants to call you. Going for the check-raise you are assuming he only has the flush. Betting is more +EV.

PS:Betting is almost always better than slowplaying.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

(Hero wasn't the preflop raiser)

I don't mind check/calling that flop, it's pretty damn hard for anybody to have anything considering how they got there (limped UTG and checked from a free play in the BB), letting them catch up a bit is a decent idea.

On the turn I would raise however, it's not very likely the 9 helped anybody, and now that UTG potted it twice I'm begining to think it's possible he has a Jx or a trickily limped overpair that he won't fold. I don't think he'd bet a lower pair or a pure bluff twice like that, and even if he did we have no reason to believe he'd pot the river again. As for BB he probably has nothing anyway so he's expendable, making him fold when we raise likely isn't a big deal.

As played on the river I would donk out, the A will probably freeze the action from worse pairs and if he somehow has Ax or better he's never folding. If he has AJ or a boat somehow he'll raise and we'll stack him. I'd go for something $0.55 that is certainly callable by stuff like Jx.

Hope it helps.