Career Update #2

• WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Just a brief progress report for those who may like reading these. Since my last report (Aug 29th, <2 weeks ago) I have:

- Final Tabled more $6 and $11 MTTs on Party (and bubbled out of a few more after going deep). Played another $11 with ~270 people. Held C/L on FT, but after a bad beat decided to agree to a 3 way chop for essentially 2nd place $$ of $305. No 1st's ($500+ payout) in any of these yet

-Played a ton of $6 & $11 SnG's, with a positive ROI (don't know exact # because I haven't got my PT licence yet)

-Played a few more Steps tourneys (still haven't got past level 3), and several Shoot Out tourneys. Haven't mastered those yet, but I've progressed on into later rounds in a few, so I'm about even on those.

-Played my 1st Red Hot Poker Tour MTT and crushed my opponents into the dust. Took 1st of 41 for $136

-Accidentally :rolleyes: played my 1st ever LIMIT holdem, a 20-person SNG, won that for $80 ($11 buyin I think)

-Hit Gold status on Poker Strategy (as predicted in last post)

-More than doubled my bankroll

-First ever cashout, took 1/2 BR to deposit on another site with an AWESOME promo, where I get to play the $250k guaranteed tourney. This is such a sweet deal, I may find a way to get friends to sign up just so I can play the guaranteed tourney more times....it's on an obscure network that doesn't seem to attract many pros, and will probably have an overlay, so that means less than 2500 entrants putting up the $100 buy-in....

- Played my first cautious hands at $1/$2 (yes, I know I don't have the proper BR here yet, just taking a shot with no intent to take any serious risks)...came out with a small profit after ~1hr, and won a couple nice pots playing my position against an overly aggressive big stack (he had almost 4x the table buyin of $200). Didn't see any drastic increase in skill at this level, and in fact there were still a few donkeys making obviously bad plays, though I only managed to capitalize on one.

Full steam ahead!...... :D

WarGawd
  • 12 replies
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      That sounds very nice!
      What's your bankroll now?
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      Hey i was just wondering something..

by the way nice job your doing well.... excellent..

You said you won 1st on your first Red Hot Poker TOur MTT..

Was that live or was that on internet.. and oh yeah RedHot poker Tour is on Party Poker I forgot..Used to be on full contact eons ago.

Im a member of red hot poker tour as well, so its cool to see another one on here.

by the way how did you get to sign up? The red Room dont work for me for some reason, and they never respond to emails.

I guess mcneil is bust LOL..

Listen if you dont mind id like to have a chat with yah regarding red hot..

Let me know and ill send you my email address.

Cheers and Good Job

Toronto Guy!! LOL
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      By the way i just saw your win in the redclub...

very very nice indeed. I probably know you and played with you before.
      LOL so cool...

Is there a way to PM me on party??
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi WarGawd!

Nice job! I hope that you keep going (except from the fact that you are playing on another site ;) )
      Do you think that these step tournaments are profitable? Do you always start at the bottom?

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Hi Puschkin -

Just remembered I encountered a player on Party whose username is "Puschkin"...was in a SNG or MTT with him...I asked at the table if he was from PS, but he wasn't...thought it was you at first :-)

To answer the ?, I don't know if they are profitable (yet). I do always start at the bottom...for bankroll considerations, if there was a way to de-register from the next levels I would probably deregister and take the $$ at level 3 or so....kinda like I do when I win the SNG satellites for Pokerstars Sunday $100k guaranteed tourney....I suspect it's far more +'ve EV for me to take the $$ and play more SNGs than to actually try to wade my way through 18000 players to get to the final table of that one.

On a related note, I have been wondering to myself about the profitability of the Quad-shootout tourneys I've been playing (Party, 9:15pm EST). Seems to me that even if you win every stage, you win less than you would if you take first in a normal MTT. To my way of thinking, that equates to a flatter payout structure with less variance, and probably overall less ROI. I'm starting to form the opinion that my style of play favors the MTT payout structure, where I've been consistently going deep. I don't mind bubbling out just shy of the $$ when I am making a play for a stack that gives me a good chance of taking one of the top 3 spots. Those are the ones that really maximize ROI, so I may stop playing the shootouts in favor of more/bigger MTTs.

Cheers
      WarGawd
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Hi -

BR was at $800 as of that post...down about $28 after going out 4th in a Quad shootout and playing tired/stupidly in a couple SnG's....didn't play the MTTs last nite due to PC troubles..can't 4-table with Party due to some screen scaling isues that cause it to crash horribly...can only manage to 2-table.

Cheers
      'Gawd
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Not sure if I recognize you from Party of from here. Most of my HH's get lost every time I have to re-install the Party client, so I can't review/search them, and I haven't got my PT licwence yet so they arent in the database.

I don't know about party PM...if you'd like to post your email, I'll reply privately.

I was just able to enter the tourney from the Party Lobby....didn't yet sign up on Red Club Room...not even terribly sure of the details of the Red Hot tour, but I have seen it before.

Let's talk :-)

WarGawd
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      Thats cool,

No i thought you may play at redhot events in toronto here.

They have live events everyday in bars across the country.

A great poker league..

Yeah my screenname on party is ohdabuddha. My cats name LOL

i suppose its the same on party red club tourneys..

on here im jefeche...

my email i guess you can use ohdabuddha@yahoo.ca

Drop me a line....

Where you from by the way? Canadian? Not that it matters, just curious.

Anyway talk to you later...
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Sent you a private email :-)

You said above you saw my RedClub win....now that I've signed up at Red Club Room, I don't see any record of it...did you mean you saw the win here or at RedClubRoom?

Cheers
      WarGawd
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Wargawd, regarding losing your hand histories, I recommend moving them from the default folder to another location of your choosing. That way, you get to keep them no matter what. Party software automatically deletes hands older than three months anyway, though you can adjust that out to 12 months if you want. Safer just to move them. Run a little batch file or something after each session.
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      Yes it was just a recent discovery that I had been losing the HH's, as it was only recently that this issue with software has caused me to uninstall/reinstall several times. Usually, data that is NOT part of an application install won't get deleted during an uninstall, but the Party client behaves differently.

I have already set up a task manager task to do what you suggest, but the main trouble is that I am finding that I sometimes have to do this Un/Re-install process mid-game, and I'm in a hurry and sometimes forget to protect the stored HH's.

When I get my PT/PAHUD licence, I'll send Party support an email requesting all my missing HH's...I'm sure they stored in their database and can be easily recovered.

Thx for the suggestion:-)
      WarGawd
    • hippycritt0420
      hippycritt0420
      Bronze
      hey wargod.. congrats on your winnings :)
      come to think of it i played with you in one of those $6 mtts last night and i had no idea i was up against a fellow ps player. .lol

anyway just wanted to give ya props

see ya at the tables

gl... but obviously you don't need it that bad