Question about example in Odds&Outs guide

• Mojster
      I'm not sure that I chose the right if it's wrong please move it where it belongs.

It's about the first example:

That's how I see it:

We assume that BB has either A5 or K5, so we take out A and K from flush and remaining 3 K from a gutshot out, because that cards would complete his full house.

But that leaves us with 7 outs, and in article it says 8...
      I've been with many possible opponent hands, but I can't get 8 outs. Did author made a mistake or am I missing something?

I would have posted this in comment but I'm not sure anyone checks the regulary so I posted here :) hope it's not wrong
  • 3 replies
    • roswellx
      Our clear outs are:

All remaining spades without As and Ks which are 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s = 7 outs
    • Ultifanatic
      The author is still counting the Ks as an out. He discounts the As to make the full house but not the Ks to make the straight draw/Nut flush if the villian is holding the As.

He counted the As as a possible out on the flop and only discounted it as part of the Full house.

Either way, the conclusion is still the same....FOLD. :f_biggrin:
    • GunFlavoured
      Maybe I'm missing something simple here but why does it drop to 8 outs, I would assume you would only discount the A leaving 11 outs (8 :ss and 3 remaining Ks). What am I missing? Either way it's a fold.