leatherass' book

• antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just finished reading this masterpiece (Treat your poker as a business), and it raises some questions, esp about his proposed "unconventional plays". Take nr. 3 the killer blow, which is basically (for those, who haven't read it yet) check - raising turn on a dry board and then pushing allin on the river with ATC. I mean, are ppl on NL1000 (example's limit) that stupid (or maybe there's some secret meaning in that that I don;t get)? Never saw such lines to work on NL10 - 25. Maybe I should stop grinding for cents and go take real money lol
  • 5 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      obviously its not something that works if you're doing it every hand, but if you do it with monsters several times then this line work obviously work very well.

the thinking of his levels and nl10/25 is not even close though, so i think you can safely ignore the fancy plays in that part of the book until about nl200.

great book tho :)
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      obv don't try it against a fish
      but against a reg that means a set almost always and he will give you credit enough times to make it ++EV
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      ok then, I see I'm still too dumb to read that part lol
      btw his ideas about looking at poker like business, putting neccessary grinding hrs and stuff made me grind for much more than I wanted (I was thinking hey, becoming a pro is a tough thing, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger etc etc) and eventually I lost much more than planned lol. Suppose I'm not ready yet to be poker pro :D
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antonio47211
      Never saw such lines to work on NL10 - 25.
      Nothing complicated is required to beat NL10-25 at a decent clip. Table select, raise premium hands, value bet the nuts. Save the fancy plays for NL50+.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antonio47211
      ...and eventually I lost much more than planned lol. Suppose I'm not ready yet to be poker pro :D
      No, because as a pro you would have planned for when you lost that much. :f_p: