$6.23
      CO:
      $4.10
      BU:
      $4.22
      SB:
      $3.28

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.20, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.55) Q, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.95) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.95) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.77, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.95.

could i have folded to that turn bet? or should i have given up on the turn and not bet? or should i have bet bigger on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Flop:
      You should bet more. You would definitely bet more with a Q here or with a straight so you should not give up the strength of your hand. The cbet is ok as there are a ton of draws and you want to extract value.
      Turn:
      I would give up value betting here. Check/fold looks like the best option because you might be drawing dead and you don't beat much here when he bets.
      When he raises your bet it's tricky because you can be drawing dead so the odds might not count. If I bet I would fold to the minraise even if it looks weak.
      River:
      easy check/fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depending on your opponent you might not want to c-bet that board. You block two of the Tens and you only have third pair, so even tho the flushdraw is a real possibility, it's quite fuzzy whether you're actually getting value from draws more often than you're valuecutting yourself against Qx Jx or not. Given that it can be a dicey spot to throw in a c-bet against players who raise the flop quite often, especially if they pot raise it instead of giving you great odds with a minraise. If you know nothing about him it's still okay but make it at least half pot.

Check/fold the turn on that card, a Qx is a likely holding for villain and even if somehow he's bluffing, more than half the deck will be an awful river card for you to do anything but check/fold on. As played I'd fold both to the turn raise and to the river bet.

Hope it helps.