[NL2-NL10] qq 2nd pair

• 6 replies
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Any reads on the BU?

If he is a loose passive player postflop then I would play the same.
      If his WTSD is not that high and he is aggressive then I would check/call the turn and check/fold the river.
      If his WTSD is not high and he is passive then I would check/fold the turn.
      If you don't have any read then I would play the same as in the hand given his action preflop.

The decision is very read based here so depends very much on the player.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      what about the turn bet ? your pf raise & flop bet look strong enough, thus I would bet ~ 2/3 pot on turn and now I can see a spot for a 3rd barrel on the river (bet/fold ofc).
      the difference between your invested $ in your line with the river going check - check and mine is not that large, and also against a raise from his part on the river you can mae a good fold, while if u check and he bets the river chances are u either have to fold to a bluff, either call a better hand
      so, as played, even tho all draws got busted on the river except for the straight, if he decides to bet u have no clue about where u are
    • deeman30Rus
      deeman30Rus
      Bronze
      i've got it about turn ... but in this case on the river i haven't effective stack for betting. it was only 5.4 $ that much less than pot size so if i should bet i should go all in, so i decided check/fold
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      My analysis was if he had 100bb.
      @mishuq
      100bb stacks again. If there were a lot of draws on this board I would definitely consider check/call river so that i can call against a range that is wide enough to make it profitable. Here though there arent almost any draws so check/folding makes sense because i don't think on the river he value bets anything worse and I don't see him calling twice only to bluff the river with any hand that doesnt have showdown value.
      @deeman30Rus
      Here because he has only 50bb check/folding the river doesnt make sense becuase you have to be good 1/13 on the river and i believe you should bet as JJ and A9 would be calling. You will definitely get called by better but I think it is profitable.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I didn't read this one right, didn't see he only had 0.80 left on the river.
      so u really can't c/f river as played.
      with full stacks, if u bet turn ~ 2.30$, u can still c/f river with more than half a stack left when u don't hit and draws do
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by x3mwisp
      Any reads on the BU?

If he is a loose passive player postflop then I would play the same.
      If his WTSD is not that high and he is aggressive then I would check/call the turn and check/fold the river.
      If his WTSD is not high and he is passive then I would check/fold the turn.
      If you don't have any read then I would play the same as in the hand given his action preflop.

The decision is very read based here so depends very much on the player.
      That sounds like decent reasoning for choosing a line. That said, considering the stack sizes and the fact that the parts of his calling ranges that we beat will consist of very weak hands most of the time on that board, I would most likely go for something like $0.9 on the flop and around $1.8 on the turn.

Hope it helps.