$5.00
      SB:
      $1.95
      BB:
      $9.65
      MP2:
      $5.17

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, A.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.22, SB folds, BB calls $0.17, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.51) A, 8, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.91) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.95, BB calls $0.95.

River: ($3.81) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB raises to $3.60, Hero calls $1.33.

Final Pot: $10.54.

should i have checked the river or bet bigger on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Any infos on BB?

I don't think there's any reason to bet the river. Your def not getting value from worse hands or getting better hands to fold. I'm not even sure you can call check/raise despite pot odds. Your hand is only a bluff catcher here, and river is a very silly spot for BB to bluff. Would prob just shrug and call if BB seems bad.

1.20 or so on the turn would be good, so you won't need to pot river the times you decide to value bet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldn't mind 3-betting the flop if you think he does that more often with Ax than with a pure bluff, because he isn't folding it. If you think he's bluffing calling in position is likely best.

I'm also betting the turn bigger to around $1.3, he'll fold his bluffs anyway but he'll never fold Ax. If we knew he never had 8x/99-TT I'd even advise making it near pot, but when in doubt it's okay to try and get light calls from whether hand he may have.

The river 8 is horrible for us obviously, we're playing the board. Even if he had A5 he's ahead now, and he's not folding anything that beats us. Just check back.

Hope it helps.