SSS NL, which poker room?

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I've been playing up and down due to personal issues and finally I think it is time to start playing again.

I'm a cash player and I've had some experience of both SSS and BSS.

Now, to restart I wanted to take it easy and do some SSS at low limits, starting out with 4 tables and moving up at 9. I want to get the mechanics in place before I start thinking again, hence the need for tons of tables.

I will then need some busy room that possibly offers direct rake back as to begin with I'm not sure I can put in the volume and will take me too long to collect any bonus.

I wont play at Party as it seems to me is unfriendly to my type of player.
      Neither will on Mansion.
      Won't play on Cake either as from what I've understood is unfriendly to SSS and doesn't have much traffic.
      Can't play on Full Tilt or Pocker Stars as I've already an account there and can't be retracked.

I would appreciate any suggestion, thanks in advance :f_grin:
  • 10 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      This thread might help you:

Online Poker Site Buy-in Minimums

Most of the poker sites are quickly moving to get rid of the loopholes that allow short-stack strategies.

Your options, in my opinion, are:
      * Play short-stacked and as you double up increase your ranges until you are playing full-stacked.
      * Play on your untracked Poker Stars account.

The few card rooms that haven't switched over likely will by the end of May so I wouldn't bet on any of them.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info, it looks indeed like Pokestars with its shallow tables could be the answer, in the end I wont be generating many points while I start up and I could boost there my bankroll while I go through the bronze articles again, then i could move my BR as I've regained some confidence to get silver elsewhere and move up.
      PS would also be nice as they have the 2-7low which I love and sure could do with some added fun to break the sessions once in a while.

I thought eventually I could land on some iPoker platform to play an adapted SSS with the 30bb minimum, as on PS I wont get any deposit bonus being already registered.
      Does anyone know of any populated iPoker room where I could go?

Or better stick with PS?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degre
      For the most part the network is unified. Any of the platforms should give you the same view of the cash games tables as any other platform. (Freerolls and special tournaments are the big things that are platform specific.)
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      For the most part the network is unified. Any of the platforms should give you the same view of the cash games tables as any other platform. (Freerolls and special tournaments are the big things that are platform specific.)
      Ah... so it means doesn't matter if I choose BetFred, Titan or bet365, the cash tables are all the same, so I just to choose which software I like the most and play on a unified network?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Ah... so it means doesn't matter if I choose BetFred, Titan or bet365, the cash tables are all the same, so I just to choose which software I like the most and play on a unified network?
      I imagine most people bonus whore the iPoker skins quite a bit ...
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      In the end I've landed on Everest, works out I was eligible for a second starting capital and I don't even need to deposit :f_love:
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      SSS is dying

Soon you wont be able to play it anywhere.
      If i were you i would play Sit and go.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Don't really like SNG and anyway I want to move over to BSS, I'm just restarting SSS for now as it's easy to start with, the basics are mostly mechanical.

If SSS really becomes unplayable I'll step to BSS or FL.
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OONOShortstack
      It will always be there beacuse the sites will lose too much money if they would ban shortstackers. Beacuse shortstackers rake more then 100bbs player overall.
      None of what you wrote aligns with things called "truth" and "reality". Enjoy your fantasy-land! :s_confused: