[NL2-NL10] NL5 44 Rush Poker

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Would you have called the river donk?

Flop was standard I think, I could have bet bigger on the turn but I was just value betting.

I simply can't put him on a hand. Maybe he slow played 88 or 22? I would hate to think he got his flush, but it's possible, although I don't think it's likely. Also I don't think he would play QQ like that.

What do you guys reckon?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $15.63
      MP2:
      $1.45
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.35
      CO:
      $11.67
      BU:
      $7.24
      SB:
      $7.81
      BB:
      $8.45
      UTG1:
      $1.93
      UTG2:
      $7.65

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4, 4.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 4, 8, 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.92) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

River: ($1.72) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $7.60, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.72.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just bet between 2/3 and 3/4 on both flop and turn and let him figure out what the hell he wants to call me with. There are plenty of weird gutshots/flushdraws/overcards combos that he'll find a peel with if he's a fish and not have or fold to any bet if he's a reg.

As played on the river it's rush poker so who knows, regs are tight but the fish are still plain bad. He'll have busted clubs sometimes, he'll have diamond flushes with his floated overcards, if he's awful he might just decide his QcXc is good on the river it's a top pair after all. Any set two pairs or straight he might have badly slowplayed too. Pretty much impossible to tell without even knowing what kind of player he is, him being "fishy" with his play in this particular hand isn't really indicative of how aggressive/bluffy he is. Given the really bad odds I'd just fold most of the time and go play at regular tables where you can actually get reads. :p

Hope it helps.