[NL2-NL10] Dread QQ vs AA

• M3da5

Can´t bring up the hand history because I´m not running any tracking software on this computer but I will explain the hand. I don´t know if I play this hand well, any comments appreciated.

Playing 0.02/0.04

stack in this particular hand was 13.41$

HERO UTG2 holds QQ
      raise to 16c
      MP1 raises to 40c
      Hero raises to 1.12c
      MP1 reraises to 2.40
      Hero calls.

flop J 10 4
      hero checks
      MP1 is all in for 1.58
      Hero calls.

MP1 shows AA and wins pot.

I had a feeling he had kings or aces, but seeing the flop and given his stack size and bet i called anyway, so no surprises there.....

but what would you do? or what do you think ?
  • 5 replies
    • Jackalof
      Fold to 5-bet, his range is AA KK only.
    • mafaz
      Unless he was a fan of durrrr LOL

The final hand of the show appropriately involved Dwan. The youngster had been relatively quiet until this point, but became involved in a sizable hand against Lederer. In it, Lederer bet $3,500 with A-K, Dwan raised to $11,300 with 8-6 offsuit, Lederer made it $36,300, and Dwan asked for a count. “Durrrr” pushed it to $65,600, leading Kaplan to exclaim, “Durrrr just 5bet Howard with an 8-6 offsuit.” Lederer made the call and the flop came 3-2-Q. The action went check-check, leading to an eight on the turn. Once again, both Dwan and Lederer checked to see a nine fall on the river. Lederer checked and Dwan checked behind, flipping over a pair of eights for the win. Lederer looked at the six in Dwan’s hand and noted, “I saw the six and just assumed there was another one.” The pot was worth $134,000.

Of course they were pretty deep, but so was the guy in this hand he posted, thought an oponent wasnt so deep.

Anyways.... yep 5bet will be AA KK 99% of the time. When normal people play.

I dont even understand how someone 5 bet 68off and doesnt get punished with it. And i think its called luck. Just making mooves in perfect time.
    • Jackalof
      Everyone picks on poor Lederer :f_biggrin: Nits will be punished.
    • Timo
      Hey M3da5,

unfortunately this is the wrong forum. This forum is for feedback concerning the content that is offered by PokerStrategy.com

in order to get your hands evaluated, you have to post it into our sample hands forum. The professional handjudges of PokerStrategy.com are happy to help you there.

For the future I would also like to ask you to give your threads an informative headline so our judges know what to expect. You don´t need a tracking program to get your hands converted, you just need the handhistories that are created by the pokerclient. You should probably have a look at this this sticky, it contains all the information on how to post a sample hand.

I moved this thread into the No Limit BSS Bronze Forum for you.

• MaestroOfZerg

You usually don't want to 4-bet/fold QQ ever, there aren't many hands people will 3-bet and call a 4-bet with that you beat unless they're really bad in which case you're just 4-bet/shoving anyway. You're basically making an "information 4-bet" just to see whether you get 5-bet or not, which is a bad idea. Just call the 3-bet hoping he does indeed 3-bet with stuff like TT-JJ/AK and play postflop.

As played either shove over or fold to the 4-bet, calling is the worst option, you'll still get stacked by KK+ on most flops given what's left in your stacks, including in awkward situations where you'll flop AKx and won't even get to see a showdown. Best option is to just not put yourself in that situation.

As played on the flop you're committed so whatever, just call it off and hope you're good somehow or suck out. The mistake lies before the flop.

As for durrrr 5-bet bluffing 86o, he likely believes like everybody else that Lederer is a nit. Most likely he thought he could actually get him to fold anything below KK+ given how deep they were, I don't think he expected him to continue with AK. As evidenced in the hand, since you can usually expect KK+ to ship it preflop, even if somehow you get a suspicious call from a hand like AK/QQ all is not lost, you have position and 86o still has some equity. Since Lederer's hand looks like either a suspicious JJ-QQ or slowplayed KK+ that isn't folding on that flop (since durrrr could have AK himself) more than AK (Lederer is so often limp/calling AK or doing weird shit with it that nobody was even sure that was in his 4-betting range really), durrrr didn't stab postflop and probably didn't really expect to be good on the river that often until Lederer checked for the third time.

Hope it helps.