This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to deal with a semi downswing

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all,

How do you guys deal with sessions where you are constantly losing stacks to bad beats, right after you won a stack by getting your money in the good?

I've been in a semi downswing since I started NL5, over 60,000 hands, half of these are ring games, half are Rush poker.

The trend goes something like this, I win a stack or 2, then immediately I lose a stack or 2 by bad beats, often losing to 2 or 4 outers on the turn/river.

It's not that I'm not hitting good hands, I hit sets fairly often, also straights, flushes, full houses and quads, also bad beats.

Just extremely frustrated right now. Theoretically I should win 70-80% of the time when the stack goes in while I'm ahead, but out of these 70-80% of the times I'm suppose to win, I only win half of them.

So how do you deal with it? It's like I'm simply not allowed to make a profit.
  • 1 reply