Blog of Faith and Devotion (11$ SNG)

• SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      Hello :) !

Intro & 'Poker Career'
      I'm 19 year-old located in Slovenia, to be exact- Domžale. I'm currently in a process of dropping out of Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security(damn, this sounds way more cool than it in fact is :) ) at University of Maribor and applying to another faculty.

I started playing poker about five years ago, when only a couple of people in our country had idea what Texas Hold'em is. We started to play cash games for coins with a two or three friends and no strategy whatsoever. Slowly but surely I dragged some of my schoolmates to go along with us, so we sucked playing poker togather :P . Than Poker Strategy happened. I was thrilled as illegal poker player can be getting those 50$ on my Titan account(suckers give away free money :P ). I read some articles and started playing Limit SH cash games, but I got bored with throwing around those blinds and switched to NL. With lack of enthusiasm for cash game, I turned to SNGs and they kept me within their current till now.

Meanwhile our real life comunity grew a bit thanks to advertisemet aggression of Party Poker and growing internet users. Cash game was put behind and SNGs took over. We started with 2€ buy-in, moved to 3€, 5€ and now we're highrollers :f_cool: with 10€ buy-in.

As far as online game is conserned, I was small winner at 1$ and 2$ tables on Titan when I decided that BRM is for pussies and kicked it up a notch by moving to 5.5$. I was soon put on the ground by a downswing and with 30$ left(Don't fu$k with BRM 'cos BRM is goin' to fu$k you :f_love: ).

Now I look back at Titan experionce as learning some of fundamental truths about SNGs that you can't abide. And I think that's the beauty of PS' free giveaway.

Present

After Titan low volume grinding I moved to FullTilt, where I made my first deposit at the end of last year and took poker a bit more serious. I started 4-tabling 1.2$ where your only true opponent at the tabe is rake and soon I moved to 6-tabling 2.25$ where I hit into my biggest downswing so far. -33BI at 2.25$ is something I can't really explain to myself even now. But that was tackled and 5.5$ were on. 5.5$ was in fact one BIG, FAT heater for me(graphs will be put in in the next post) and meanwhile I got used to 9-tabling. I felt it was the right time for me to get HEM before moving to 11$.

And here we are now- 9tabling 11's with BR that allows moving to 22's...

Graphs, thoughts on regural vs. turbo SNGs, discussion of BR, goals and more in next post(probably later today)...

Thanks for reading,
      Yours trully :f_biggrin: ...
  • 1 reply
    • SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      As I promised, bunch of..
      Graphs
      Since I haven't signed into my Titan account for quite some time, I had problems remembering my username there... But here's SS graph of 'Titan-era'

Nothing much happening there, just random fish swimming in fishy SNGs :f_grin:

I didn't have HEM back when I started on Tilt, so I can't provide graphs of super micro stage and here's 5.5$-graph, which is off the hook and I think it's unimaginable that I could run that good over 250sngs ever again...

The main problem I have is, that I can't seem to get a grip on turbos as my 6.5$ experience looks like this

I know it's supersmall sample, but while playing I got a feeling that I have no edge, that would make this game longrun profitable, whatsoever. I'm sure that I will return on playing turbos, but for now I feel more confident in regular SNGs as they are way softer than turbos. More on this in next post.

As told I'm fighting the 11's right now. I think I got most of competition underbelted and you got regulars there, who just seem to enjoy losing money faster by multitabling than 1BI by 1BI. All in all players are way too tight and you can relentlessly abuse their stacks even when they are supershort. As mentioned in first post, I have hefty BR for 22's but I need to add a bit more discipline to off-table activities regarding reviewing hands and plugging leaks. It's better to deal with my mistakes now or 22's could be costly and short trip. I will return to this matter in next post with short + long term goals and method I will use to get them achieved. Oh, and here's 11's graph

Thanks for reading. Any comment appreciated :)
      Yours trully :f_biggrin: ...