[NL2-NL10] NL100 SSS funny hand

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $315,04
      Hero:
      $20

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, 6 folds, BB calls $3,00.

Flop: ($8,50) T:spade: , 9:diamond: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero raises to $10,00, BB raises to $18,00, Hero raises to $16,00 (All-In).

Turn: ($42,50) J:diamond:
      River: ($42,50) Q:heart:

Final Pot: $42,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ 8s, 6s ] a straight Eight to Queen
      Hero shows [ Kd, Kh ] a straight Nine to King
      BB wins $2 USD with a straight, Eight to Queen.
      Hero wins $37.98 USD with a straight, Nine to King.

not really a hand you could play different (though should've /could've pushed flop right away there ;) ) but posted it because found it very funny and villain went totally berserk after sawing the result. (even though it didn't really hurt his stack)

On another sidenote, on the 3rd attempt finally starting to get a good grip at NL100 SSS and making ok profit. It's quite funny how most of the players call here with a range they would also call a big stack and seems overall way much loser than NL50 was. I play this level a bit tighter too than I played NL50, don't like to raise pockets below 8 from any position on this limit, only call if there are enough limpers, seems to work better for me this way.
  • 4 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      After he reraises you I might would consider that you´re behind Two Pair or a Set, but this limit is so full of donkeys and his little donkbet more looks like a Draw (maybe 86? - I didn´t looked at the result), that I prefer to take the risk and go broke. So nice hand. :)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      you should tell your opponent that he is an idiot for playing 86s HU against a Shortstack in the first place.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Why should he? That so called "idiot" is a great customer for him. ;)
    • kappe69
      kappe69
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      you should tell your opponent that he is an idiot for playing 86s HU against a Shortstack in the first place.
      of course he should not...
      he is one guy where the money comes from.. we want him to continue playing that bad!?!