[NL2-NL10] NL200 SH QQ vs steal/resteal

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $191.70
      SB:
      $195
      BU:
      $204

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $7.00, SB raises to $24.00, Hero raises to $75.00, BU folds, SB calls $51.00.

Flop: ($157.00) K:diamond: , A:club: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $111, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $268.00

My question lies in the preflop part , SB seems relatively reasonable. Do i 4bet or smooth call his reraise and see what the flop brings? And if i smooth call , what do i do if the BU reraises all-in ?
      Obviously on this flop i cant beat anything so i have to fold despite decent odds.
  • 6 replies
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      SB didnt look like he is restealing with his passive preflop stats 21/12, i fold preflop
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, it's only a 100 hand sample, but he does have a steal rate of 92%, which is huge, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Your resteal should be correct. He also only sees a showdown 16% of the time, and so far hasn't won a pot, if those stats are accurate.

Is he really going to donk if he has hit this flop, since you are the aggressor and will certainly bet again? I think I would just push him all in here, he is bluffing.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      i think grabem prolly also has a problem with ATS , it cant be 92% :D . About the flop , i think he might have had something like AK and he donks so i cant take a free card , because the board is very drawy. So i think its a protection bet rather than a bluff.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, well if 92% is wrong, the rest of what I wrote is also wrong. Good fold then.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

I think your preflopplay is good because SB can easily try to resteal the BU raise and your QQ is most probably the best hand. On the flop it's an easy fold. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      pretty standard play with QQ because you are sooo far ahead of their raising and reraising ranges.

you'd have to call a push though because you need about 31% equity but have actually (this is an estimate) 40% against QQ+,AK.

Also note that there is no real difference here between TT, JJ and QQ.

A 4bet/call with Jacks and Tens would be +EV here as well as long as the original 4-bet remains +EV which is imo ensured if these guys raise and 3-bet lightly.

We'd have 36% Equity with TT or JJ against a pushing range of QQ+,AK. Even if our opponent adjusted and shoved JJ if he saw us 4-betting in this spot with TT, we'd still have 33% with TT.