$10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $9.76
      UTG2:
      $7.46

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 6, Q, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.74) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($1.34) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP1 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $5.34.
  • 4 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I would play check/call on both turn and river - for pot control reasons, but also to let him bluff at me with draws - unless I know him to be really passive.

I don't like betting the river cos - you're getting called by Qx and worse two pairs and maybe some PPs that you beat - but there is like 58, XXhh and some other werid hands he has that he might bluff with. Plus by check/call you eliminate these river raise spots - which suck to be in. Although again - depending on how passive he is betting is ok.

As played, since his turn bet was small and then he raises on this river - I would really expect to be beat here and to see 89 a lot of the time. You can argue you get 4:1 - but it's a bit of a weak excuse for calling imo - since I don't ever see you to be ahead enough. But i prefer check/calling to avoid this spot in first place :P
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would bet turn for value, and check/call blank rivers. Would most likley bet that river.

As played. I'm fine with donking vs loose passives that will call with any pair, but can't be relied upon to bluff or value bet. Against more aggressive players, you could think about check/calling or check/raising depending on how light they will look you up. Would never fold to the minraise.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would bet turn for value, and check/call blank rivers. Would most likley bet that river.

As played. I'm fine with donking vs loose passives that will call with any pair, but can't be relied upon to bluff or value bet. Against more aggressive players, you could think about check/calling or check/raising depending on how light they will look you up. Would never fold to the minraise.
      This :) There is still a lot of value in betting the turn against all sorts of draws and worse Qx hands (no need to wrongly assume right off the bat that he somehow limped QJ+).

Hope it helps.
    • A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. He had T3 btw :f_biggrin: