FAO Mansion staff

• 8 replies
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Thought I would email support as well, I got the usual useless response.

" Thank you for your interest in MansionPoker.com regarding the Scottish Poker Open.

Please note unfortunately we do not participate in this event.

We apologize you did not find the satellite you were looking for however we still offer a large choice of tournaments.
      ..."

I know you don't offer the tournament, that's why I emailed you, even with a way of getting involved. Doh.
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Are there any Mansion reps reading these forums anymore? I am sure there used to be.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi irregularity,

I'm not sure if we do have a Mansion rep in here at the moment to be honest. I personally tend to rely on Opal99 who does a sterling job moderating & helping members with questions on the Mansion board for us.

I think you will have to take their supports response as being definitive however.
      Usually an exclusive deal is made between live events & online platforms providing satellites. I don't know if this is the case for the Scottish Open, but even if there isn't a deal, there would be a certain cost consideration for Mansion in setting up a satellite.

I'm guessing if they got sufficient demand and it was cost-effective for them they would consider it, however the response you received seems to suggest that that isn't the case.

Maybe you could use the existing tournament structure or sngs/cash tables to grind out an equivalent amount to your live event buyin?

I wish there was something more I could do to help, but I'm not sure there is at the moment. Please do shout however if you have any further questions/problems.

Best regards,

Bart
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Hey mate,
      Thanks for your reply, I wasn't expecting any help from anyone at PS, just thought there may be a rep here. I just find Mansion support to be pretty useless at times, especially compared to other sites like stars etc. It annoys the heck out of me. I could tell them I have no hands due to a freak poker accident and they would ask me for fingerprint ID, it comes across like they don't read emails, possibly skim read if you are lucky. Generally when dealing with pokersites I feel it is better to contact an actual person instead of a support drone, so I tried here.

Anyway, about the tournament, I am pretty sure it makes sense for them to run sats due to the amount of Brits they have playing there. I got the feeling, especially before the move to Ipoker, it mainly was Brits.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      No prob,

I like the reference to fingerprint, I'm actually lol'ing :D

I can check with our CM's to see if there is a better contact for you, might have just been unlucky with the person you got hold of.

Can't guarantee a contact, but will try for you ;)

Will advise in due course, bear with me a couple of days.

Best regards,

Bart
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for your help either way mate.
    • Redcar100
      Redcar100
      Bronze
      Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, we are pretty much tied to what ipoker do in terms of sattelites to live events with some exceptions.

We were not approached directly by the scottish poker open to work with them so will not be offering satts for this event but it is something we can look at for future events, dependent on their commitments with other sites etc
    • scottishpokeropen
      scottishpokeropen
      Bronze
      Hi Redcar100

If you send me your email address to info@scotlandspokeropen.co.uk iam sure we could try and come up with some sort of sattelite programme.

We are currently in talks with ipoker and looking to hear back within a week.

Thanks