$1.92
      MP1:
      $0.85
      MP2:
      $2.50
      MP3:
      $3.29

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) J, 7, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

River: ($0.67) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, MP3 calls $0.44.

Final Pot: $1.55.

I put him on the Jack pair post flop with the conti bet on the turn.
      Should I have put him on the 2 pairs after the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi!
      as played out, we have hardly any information on villian, what we know is that villian CC our UTG PFR and villian called our CBet on a J high board is pretty much dry. stats on villian would really help here but lets assume with him being unknown.
      us being OOP and his turn bet is small - he could be slow playing a strong made hand having turned a straights(unlikely), or trying to get you to throw away your hand with a weak made hand (7x, Jx, middling pairs even 4x) since u checked the turn after cbetting the flop.

i would not have called the bet, since our holdings do not have sufficient showdown value nor draw value as even if we hit, we do not get paid off sufficiently.

given the size of his bet, check-raise/fold is good if you think he can fold his weaker hands and check/fold the river (i would call if river bet is decent since we hit TPTK we possibly have some equity)

alternatively, we can fold to his bet, albeit small since we are in the most case beat and do not get paid off sufficiently to call.

since you have called the bet and hit on the river, value betting here would justify your call on the turn, and you should probably fold to a raise.

just my opinion :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by supeyrio
      hi!
      as played out, we have hardly any information on villian, what we know is that villian CC our UTG PFR and villian called our CBet on a J high board is pretty much dry. stats on villian would really help here but lets assume with him being unknown.
      us being OOP and his turn bet is small - he could be slow playing a strong made hand having turned a straights(unlikely), or trying to get you to throw away your hand with a weak made hand (7x, Jx, middling pairs even 4x) since u checked the turn after cbetting the flop.

i would not have called the bet, since our holdings do not have sufficient showdown value nor draw value as even if we hit, we do not get paid off sufficiently.

given the size of his bet, check-raise/fold is good if you think he can fold his weaker hands and check/fold the river (i would call if river bet is decent since we hit TPTK we possibly have some equity)

alternatively, we can fold to his bet, albeit small since we are in the most case beat and do not get paid off sufficiently to call.

since you have called the bet and hit on the river, value betting here would justify your call on the turn, and you should probably fold to a raise.

just my opinion :f_biggrin:
      Sounds reasonable, tho I wouldn't go too crazy with turn check/raise/folds, players that are bad enough to bet that small on the turn usually don't have much use for their fold button anyway and he could very well have hands that he will never fold in that spot too. He could be suckbet/3betting 65 or bet/calling stuff like 98 for whatever reasons. I don't mind check/calling the flop tho i expect us to be ahead most of time, we still have some live outs a good chunk of the time and it's relatively cheap, villain won't bet the river every time with whatever he has.

Hope it helps.