This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] calling re-raise in multiway pot

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $13.60
      CO:
      $6.24
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $5.24
      BB:
      $5.02
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.17, MP3 calls $0.17, CO calls $0.17, BU calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) 8, 6, 9 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.95, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU folds, SB raises to $5.07(All-In), Hero calls $3.88(All-In).

Turn: ($10.8) A (2 players)

River: ($10.8) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.8.

i wonder if so many callers would mean that at least one of them was likely to be holding something better like 2 pair more often than i should make that all in call? or should i have bet bigger on the flop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop bet is fine, whether you call it off or not depends a lot on who SB is.

If there is any chance he's shoving there with clubs and/or 7x with or without a pair we probably have to call it off since made straights aren't that easy to have. If he's a decent tag/thinking player we're probably up against a set or the 2 combos of 98s most of the time, we raised from MP2 and made a pot c-bet on the drawiest board ever, everybody knows we have an overpair or better, yet SB check/jammed on us, we're not thrilled at all, I'll fold that sometimes when i respect SB's game.

Hope it helps.