$6.04
      BB:
      $5.10
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO (Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, T.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, BU calls $0.17, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.53) 8, 9, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BU calls $0.35, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.23) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BU calls $0.95.

River: ($3.13) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.95, Hero calls $2.95.

Final Pot: $9.03.

player is known to be not so aggressive.

player is known to be fairly loose.

should i have bet smaller on the turn?
      should i have bet the river? should i have checked the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I wouln't open from CO if BU is loose. The problem here is that your kicker is rarely good. On the river you are only really ahead of TJ, and while he may be bluffing with it, I don't think you will have enough equity vs overall range to call. On the turn I'm also not really happy making a value bet for above reasons. Would check/call or check/fold.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      if anything, i would check fold river. my best guess would be overpairs like JJ/TT
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I wouln't open from CO if BU is loose. The problem here is that your kicker is rarely good. On the river you are only really ahead of TJ, and while he may be bluffing with it, I don't think you will have enough equity vs overall range to call. On the turn I'm also not really happy making a value bet for above reasons. Would check/call or check/fold.
      That's probably the safer way to go overall. That said, depending on BU's tendencies postflop it can still be fine to play T9o. Basically you need to decide how confident you'll be valuebetting small top pairs and 2nd pair hands against him out of position. Since he apparently isn't a pain in the ass that is minraising every flop or betting the turn all the time when checked to, it can be very profitable if you feel like investing enough money at first to get a good grasp of his postflop tendencies.

I'd fold the river it's possible for him to have both 8x and 6x boats. Since he's valuebetting 9x like that ever, either we need to put him on TJ (we block a T) or a very loose double float with a QJ gutshot. Not worth bluff-catching against a seemingly "loose not so aggressive" guy in my opinion.

Hope it helps.