[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: JQs - flopped nuts

• wotar
      wotar
      Bronze
      Hello, I just get my BR to be able to play 5/10c cash. For now I definitely want to improve my play, so I play only one or two tables at once and try really to think of what I am doing. It is Cake, so no stats. Usually also no notes - trying to learn to create them :) Thanks for all the analysis, I am sure it will help me a lot!

In this hand I think I lost some value. But I tried to build a pot and also protect myself against a flush draw. Probably 30c bet would be better. Or should I check behind and give them a free card to catch anything?

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 ($9.44)
      MP2 ($2.70)
      MP3 ($5.97)
      CO ($16.52)
      Hero (Button) ($10.65)
      SB ($22.58)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($2.95)
      UTG+1 ($0.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, Q
      2 folds, MP1 checks, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) 10, 9, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds

Total pot: $0.40
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise preflop. MP1 posted out of position and doesn't have a full stack, we can already say he's most likely bad, and QJs is plenty good enough to isolate a weak player in position.

As played on the flop I wouldn't sweat the bet sizing too much, most of the players there will either have a piece of the board and call, or they won't and they'll fold. The value you'll get from dropping from $0.4 to $0.3 just to make very few marginal hands call will probably quickly be made up for the times where your opponents have a hand to play with and you build a bigger pot.

Hope it helps.