[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: A4s - river bet with nuts

• wotar
      wotar
      Bronze
      Not sure with which hand he raised me on river. I hoped for set or maybe 2nd nut flush - therefore I tried to re-raise all-in for value. Is it profitable in long term to bet this big?

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP2 ($4.90)
      CO ($2.78)
      Button ($18.82)
      SB ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($10.95)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($4.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, A
      5 folds, Button bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) J, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($1.65) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, Button raises to $2, Hero raises to $10.15 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $5.65 | Rake: $0.37
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would check/raise that dry board with the nut flushdraw and take it from there. As played on the turn depending on whether I think he's bet that turn or not I might lead out with what is likely to be both the best hand and the best draw. As played on the river I'd probably go for something like $1. It's callable by Jx for bad players and it's still small enough that people will raise other flushes. They'll have to raise bigger, which will commit them more to calling a 3bet jam.

Hard to say without reads when he raises on the river as played. If he's a tag it's odd that he didn't bet that A turn even with his flushdraws, and yet he seems to have a hand to raise that flushing river, I'd say either he's bluffing because you bet very small or he raise/folded something like J9/99. If he's a fish who knows, it makes more sense for him to have a flush but he could very well be attacking your weak bet too.

As for the best line, if BU really is a tag you probably won't fool him by making a smaller 3-bet it's pretty obvious you have a strong flush. So I think I like your shoving, hoping he won't find a fold with his flushes whoever he is, if he's a fish he probably won't and we'll maximize value.

Hope it helps.