dual monitor display

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      anyone knows how to do it? any advice? does it require a com with really gd specs? i mean i sort of know abit here and there but would like to know more from people who actually did it before! cheers
  • 10 replies
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      All I did was buy a graphic card with 2 slots and plug the second monitor.
      My comp is 2 years old, so I don't think you need a really good pc.
      My graphic card is a geforce gts 8800 btw.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you just need a dual (or triple) output display capable graphics cards.

it's not that resource intensive really.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skeat
      All I did was buy a graphic card with 2 slots and plug the second monitor.
      My comp is 2 years old, so I don't think you need a really good pc.
      My graphic card is a geforce gts 8800 btw.
      You got your moneys worth with that card...

I use the same card and I power a 32 inch sony bravia with full 1080p resolution and a wide screen monitor at once.

No issues.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      great, thanks for the help guys. now its down to making the moolah for the extra screen and graphics card :f_biggrin:
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      I use the same card and I power a 32 inch sony bravia with full 1080p resolution
      Physical size is irrelevant, just the amount of pixels the card has to process.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      do you guys use same sized/shape screens for your monitors? because i currently have a 17 inch lcd screen, not sure if i should get another of same proportions, as i would prefer to get a bigger one and probably widescreen. any advice? thanks
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      I got a 22"wide and a 26"wide, use the bigger one as main. I think it would be a waste to buy another 17", as soon you'll want to get a bigger one and then if you want to keep them same size you'll have to buy 2.

Btw, I got addicted to large monitors, it's so fucking awesome that I'm saving to replace my 22" with a 30" =D
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello supeyrio,

It is very easy to create a dual monitor setup. You don't really need a good computer you just need a graphics card that has multiple connections and also will support the resolutions of the monitor. You just need to plug the monitors into the graphics card and turn the computer on. They should automatically be recognized and then you can configure which is the default monitor and the resolution of them.

If you need any help let me know

Best regards,

Toby
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hello supeyrio,

It is very easy to create a dual monitor setup. You don't really need a good computer you just need a graphics card that has multiple connections and also will support the resolutions of the monitor. You just need to plug the monitors into the graphics card and turn the computer on. They should automatically be recognized and then you can configure which is the default monitor and the resolution of them.

If you need any help let me know

Best regards,

Toby
      hey thanks, thanks to all for the advice given, appreciate it!
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      anyone can knows what dimensions of a widescreen monitor is compatible with my current 19 inch regular lcd monitor? compatible as in they should be visually easy going for the user
      e.g. i've heard that they should have same height for ease of viewing from one monitor to one monitor. is that the case? thanks