This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQQ on 4-flush large pot he hesitantly bet large, could I have called?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.73
      BB (Hero):
      $12.38
      MP2:
      $7.95
      MP3:
      $23.71
      CO:
      $7.24
      BU:
      $9.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) Q, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.12) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($8.12) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.56, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.12.
  • 6 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      In blind vs BU usually raise 4BB's since you are OOP.
      Flop: bet 0.75, even 0.80 to build the pot and make draws more expensive.
      Turn: when he min-raises he usually has a flush, but the price is very good, so you can deffo call.
      River: standard fold pending no reads on the guy.

Hope it's ok.
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Yes no reads, btw this was rush poker.
      Because he hesitated he may have had a non A flush and might have been scared of a check-raise. Thats what I though although I could be wrong.

I 3 bet his bet and was IP btw.
      The other option I'm thinking is even though the flush hit, he may have something else or a non-Ace flush so maybe I could re-raise allin on the turn. It seems risky but the read of him taking so long to decide...not sure what that means.
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      Originally posted by overson
      I 3 bet his bet and was IP btw.
      You were BB, he was BU. what do you mean you were IP?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Preflop: Raise it 4x with your good hands
      flop: Fine, perhaps a bit bigger > 0.70$
      Turn: After he raises it's either push or fold here, calling his raise and then folding on the river is just bad play IMO. He could of been raising the bare A on the turn, or even trying to protect 2pair/trips in which case if you just opt to call, the heart is also a scare card to him which you will lose value if you shoved the turn. And if he does happen to have the flush, you outs to a full house so you're not completely dead.
      River: Good, he has told a consistant story and it does actually look like a flush.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Ship the turn you have a good hand and they are not always going to have a flush. If they have a flush you have re-draws.

As played nice hand and good fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      Preflop: Raise it 4x with your good hands
      flop: Fine, perhaps a bit bigger > 0.70$
      Turn: After he raises it's either push or fold here, calling his raise and then folding on the river is just bad play IMO. He could of been raising the bare A on the turn, or even trying to protect 2pair/trips in which case if you just opt to call, the heart is also a scare card to him which you will lose value if you shoved the turn. And if he does happen to have the flush, you outs to a full house so you're not completely dead.
      River: Good, he has told a consistent story and it does actually look like a flush.
      Sounds good. With better reads against people you don't believe would raise non-flush hands in that spot you can just call the river, but a random unknown could get raise happy with any hand that has a pair and a heart or JT with a heart stuff like that, or show up with some "slowplayed" KQ/AK/AA/66 hands.

Hope it helps.