[NL2-NL10] QQQ on 4-flush large pot he hesitantly bet large, could I have called?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.73
      BB (Hero):
      $12.38
      MP2:
      $7.95
      MP3:
      $23.71
      CO:
      $7.24
      BU:
      $9.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) Q, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.12) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($8.12) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.56, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.12.
  • 6 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      In blind vs BU usually raise 4BB's since you are OOP.
      Flop: bet 0.75, even 0.80 to build the pot and make draws more expensive.
      Turn: when he min-raises he usually has a flush, but the price is very good, so you can deffo call.
      River: standard fold pending no reads on the guy.

Hope it's ok.
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Yes no reads, btw this was rush poker.
      Because he hesitated he may have had a non A flush and might have been scared of a check-raise. Thats what I though although I could be wrong.

I 3 bet his bet and was IP btw.
      The other option I'm thinking is even though the flush hit, he may have something else or a non-Ace flush so maybe I could re-raise allin on the turn. It seems risky but the read of him taking so long to decide...not sure what that means.
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      Originally posted by overson
      I 3 bet his bet and was IP btw.
      You were BB, he was BU. what do you mean you were IP?
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise it 4x with your good hands
      flop: Fine, perhaps a bit bigger > 0.70$
      Turn: After he raises it's either push or fold here, calling his raise and then folding on the river is just bad play IMO. He could of been raising the bare A on the turn, or even trying to protect 2pair/trips in which case if you just opt to call, the heart is also a scare card to him which you will lose value if you shoved the turn. And if he does happen to have the flush, you outs to a full house so you're not completely dead.
      River: Good, he has told a consistant story and it does actually look like a flush.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Ship the turn you have a good hand and they are not always going to have a flush. If they have a flush you have re-draws.

As played nice hand and good fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      Preflop: Raise it 4x with your good hands
      flop: Fine, perhaps a bit bigger > 0.70$
      Turn: After he raises it's either push or fold here, calling his raise and then folding on the river is just bad play IMO. He could of been raising the bare A on the turn, or even trying to protect 2pair/trips in which case if you just opt to call, the heart is also a scare card to him which you will lose value if you shoved the turn. And if he does happen to have the flush, you outs to a full house so you're not completely dead.
      River: Good, he has told a consistent story and it does actually look like a flush.
      Sounds good. With better reads against people you don't believe would raise non-flush hands in that spot you can just call the river, but a random unknown could get raise happy with any hand that has a pair and a heart or JT with a heart stuff like that, or show up with some "slowplayed" KQ/AK/AA/66 hands.

Hope it helps.