$5.40
      MP3:
      $5.22
      CO:
      $7.58
      BU:
      $1.31

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.17, 2 folds, BU calls $0.17, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.53) 4, 5, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BU folds, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.23) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($4.03) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.03, Hero calls $3.48.

Final Pot: $11.54.

player is a pretty aggressive playing in ideal ranges. could i have folded the river or AI the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: Good.
      Flop: Fine, But if called you should possibly look to shut down.
      Turn: I like the second barrel, as all hands you beat (e.g. 67, draws) and possibly better hands fold. But once he re-raises you should definately fold the turn. He isn't raising a draw, He woulden't be raising an over pair here, at worst he has a 4, which you proberly won't be able to get him off at this limit. This hand was way overplayed and was an easy fold on the turn, I just don't understand why you called? UNLESS he is extreamly agro, and by you're description he isn't.

Please explain your line of thought?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      Preflop: Good.
      Flop: Fine, But if called you should possibly look to shut down.
      Turn: I like the second barrel, as all hands you beat (e.g. 67, draws) and possibly better hands fold. But once he re-raises you should definitely fold the turn. He isn't raising a draw, He wouldn't be raising an over pair here, at worst he has a 4, which you properly won't be able to get him off at this limit. This hand was way overplayed and was an easy fold on the turn, I just don't understand why you called? UNLESS he is extremely aggro, and by you're description he isn't.

Please explain your line of thought?
      I concur. Either you think he's capable of repping the 5 with air for some reason or you don't, without a good reason to it's better not to put that in that range. Most players will show you a 5 no matter how unlikely you think they are to call with that preflop. By the way, where does that "ideal" thing come from and could please explain what you mean by that? Thanks.

Hope it helps.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      ideal meant that he appeared blue on my HUD, with ard 17% VPIP which looks normal.

i was thinking that the min raise was really small and worth a call and might be a bluff or test of strength with a overpair. 7 BB was a cheap call imo.

the river was a mistake to call though. it was a clear fold.