[NL2-NL10] NL10SH ATo

• Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($9.80)
      UTG ($10.67)
      Hero (Button) ($10)
      SB ($13.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 10
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.10) Q, A, K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.10) A (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.10) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Total pot: $10.10 | Rake: $0.49
  • 2 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Pre flop is fine I like that you raise 3BB on the BTN. Make sure you are doing it with all hands.

On the flop I like a raise/fold. You are still going to get called by worse pairs, flush draws and worse aces.

On the turn your equity improves a lot. There is little chance they have AJ, AQ, AK. There is also less chance they flopped a straight/flush although even if they did flop that you have some equity to redraw. You have three queens, three kings, two aces, and three tens. That gives you like 20% equity. Although you don't have the odds to call for those draws you still have enough equity to call on the turn.

On the river his bet does smell like a value bet but without stats it's hard to do how thin he value bets. His hand is still very unknown to you because you have not raised at all in the hand or put him to a decision. On the river I think it is very close but if you could give us some stats I would be able to make a better decision.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by TobyCS
      Pre flop is fine I like that you raise 3BB on the BTN. Make sure you are doing it with all hands.

On the flop I like a raise/fold. You are still going to get called by worse pairs, flush draws and worse aces.

On the turn your equity improves a lot. There is little chance they have AJ, AQ, AK. There is also less chance they flopped a straight/flush although even if they did flop that you have some equity to redraw. You have three queens, three kings, two aces, and three tens. That gives you like 20% equity. Although you don't have the odds to call for those draws you still have enough equity to call on the turn.

On the river his bet does smell like a value bet but without stats it's hard to do how thin he value bets. His hand is still very unknown to you because you have not raised at all in the hand or put him to a decision. On the river I think it is very close but if you could give us some stats I would be able to make a better decision.
      Sounds good.

On the river since he's bad it's certainly possible for him to show you all turned boats as well as some flushes. I don't really think he has air at that point. If you can give him a bunch of worse Ax hands for min3betting or he's just overall over aggressive preflop you can likely call without being happy about it. If you didn't notice him doing anything before he min3bet you chances are he just min3bet a premium and his smallbet smallbet bigbet line even on a drawy board is the usual milking line from bad players.

Hope it helps.