[NL2-NL10] NL10 - JJ vs. A4

• bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $13,83
      Hero:
      $2

0,05/0,15 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,15.
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP3 checks, Hero raises to $0,60, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,50, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1,50) 4:spade: , 8:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1,40 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1,40.

Turn: ($4,30) A:diamond:
      River: ($4,30) 6:diamond:

Final Pot: $4,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG+2 shows [ 4d, As ] two pairs, Aces and Fours
      Hero shows [ Jc, Js ] a pair of Jacks
      UTG+2 wins $4.09 USD with two pairs, Aces and Fours.

Looks like I'm quite unlucky here. Or did I do something wrong?
  • 9 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      i can't tell if you raised preflop enough.. 0,05/0,15 seems a little bit strange to me
      But the push was 100% correct

Your opponent only had 5 Outs against you, so you were a 4:1 favorite.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Again, your play is correct. Your opponent has only 5 outs, which makes him 8 to 1, or, since you go all in, roughly 4 to 1 with 2 streets to play, and he calls, with odds of only 2 to 1.

You win!

Now, don't smash your computer when you read that line. I know you lost this pot, and I know it seems that it is happening too much, and there must be something wrong. There isn't. This is what is called variance. You are winning money, even while losing these pots.

I will post a quite detailed response to your post in the discussion thread regarding NL10. I have an interesting story, which I think you will appreciate. It will be quite long, so probably tomorrow. Look out for it.

And, best don't post results, even blanked out. We just need to see the hands as played, and your thoughts while playing them.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Chiller3k
      0,05/0,15 seems a little bit strange to me
      Looks like it was $0.05/$0.10...the hand reader got confused because MP3 posted BB+SB dead. So the preflop raise is correct.

Kknight
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer, I'm looking forward to your post regarding my NL10 topic.

It does indeed seem to happen quite often that I get called by someone who has just a few outs, and hits his card on the turn/river.
      But that's all part of the game. :P I still have faith in the SSS, and I will definitely stick to it.

My BR was down to $30, got a few good hands in a row and I'm back to $40. Hope I'll be having my old $50,- back soon. :D

PS. I don't know why the hand says the blinds are 0,05/0,15, because the blinds were 0,05/0,10. I raised with $0,60 because there were two limpers infront of me. ;)
      PPS. Why is it better to post without results? It seems more clear to me with the results included. :P
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kknight
      Originally posted by Chiller3k
      0,05/0,15 seems a little bit strange to me
      Looks like it was $0.05/$0.10...the hand reader got confused because MP3 posted BB+SB dead. So the preflop raise is correct.

Kknight
      Ah, so that's why. Thanks for clearing it up. ;)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      No problem :D

It's better to post without results because the results can bias the feedback that you get. If you show that you lost the hand, it's easy to say "you played it wrong" even if you didn't. Similarly, if you won the hand, it's easy to say "great job...perfectly played" even if that's not the case. I hope that explains it for you :)

Also, I don't know how many hands you've played of the SSS, but when I first started at NL10, I played over 5,000 hands at breakeven (down a bit, up a bit, etc) while I made mistakes and learned the basics. After about 5,000+ hands, I went on a massive upswing and my bankroll really took off. I started with $70...I'm now around $310. I've been as high as about $400, but I've been on somewhat of a downswing at NL50 for a while.

Hope that helps,
      Kknight
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      I see. :) I won't include the results anymore then.

I have actually no idea how many hands I played. Not too many, that's for sure... :P I received the $50,- two days ago, so a few hundred at best.

Where can I see how many hands I played?
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hmmm...I'm not sure if you can without PokerTracker. But in a couple of days a few hundred at the most is probably about right. I wouldn't be too concerned about your winrate. Just do your best to learn the strategy, post hands, and correct mistakes. Your winrate will catch up with your improvement :)

Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Nice hand. :)
      Bad luck happens all the time. Just keep in mind that your opponent made a huge mistake and if you would have played the same situation 100 times your bankroll would be really big now. ;)

Poker is always about the right decision, because if you make the right one, your earning will come by themself. ;)