This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 float induce

• elena90
      elena90
      Bronze
      Everest Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 662082
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $51.00
      Hero (CO): $50.75
      BTN: $81.90
      SB: $51.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 6:spade: 6:club:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 3:spade: Q:heart: Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.75) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Villain
      Hands 126, vpip 17, pfr 14, wtsd 20, AF 2,4, 3bet 6, fold BB to steal 72 fold to cbet 33 3/9, checkrai F 0%
      I think villain is pretty basic TAG. Although the sample size is small I think his weakness is too loose
      and passive play from the blinds. I have also noted that he's able to float, though I haven't seen him do this OOP,
      but I'm pretty sure he's capable of doing so.

When he calls from the BB I give him following range:22-99, A2s-ATs, 54s-QJs, 97s-KJs, Q9s-KTs, JTo-KQo, QTo-KJo, KTo,
      A9o and ATo.
      My plan for the hand is to bet the flop check back the turn and call a normal sized bet on the river.
      Is this line good vs this player and the way the board developes? When the T hits on the river his value range is
      very narrow because I don't think he will bet 88 or 99 here. So his value range is Qx, and sets (and random Tx), which means
      33? combos. OTR I need 25%. In order to get this there must be only 11 float combos he would play like this? Is my math correct
      here or am I completely clueless? :D 11 combos I would get super easy if my assumptation of him floating easily these kind
      of flops is right.

Any advice regarding my thought process, math and the chosen line is appreciated!
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Is definitely btwn a call n a fold. But i would prefer to double barrel n check/fold the river. Since we hv a weak hand, we would like to protect and also we can get to a free showdown by checking behind if villian has a strong hand n wants to check raise us given we hv shwn much aggression on both streets alrdy. So by bettin turn, we get more info from villian, gt a chance to win the pot immediately n get a free showndown if vilian checks the river. If we get checked
      raised or villian leads out om river, we can chuck away our holdings as we only beat 3 on the board
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer betting 4$ on the turn and then folding to c/r.
      This way you protect your hand, he can c/c with worse pp-s and flushdraws and you can take your free showdown.
      I think you´re often beat on the river, but getting that odds you can likely call although I think he doesn´t bluff there very often