This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

a bad day

• boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      hello.

I'm playing 9 man sit and go's at fulltilt poker, and in last few months i was able to climb up to 550$ by playing 2+0.25$ sng's till i got up to 250$ and then moving up to 5+0.50$, and my average ROI in 1500 games was 8% with it being slightly higher in 2$ than in 5$ sng's.

My goal every day is to play enough of them to get 50 FT points for iron man qualification, and in 2 day i'll have enough days to get into my 3rd consecutive silver freeroll. I was planning to increase my bankroll to 600$+ by the end of the month so i could try qualifying for gold freeroll by playing 10+1$ next month, but i've had a really bad day to mess up my plans.

I've lost all 15 sng's i played today because i was very unlucky in most of them by loosing 3 times with higher pocket pair, AK vs. K8 and JJ vs. 89 offsuit, all of them coming in the later stages of the tournamets with 4 or 5 players remaining and i was never shortstacked, mostof the time loosing against chip leader or against players with 2-3 BB smaller stacks than me.

Since i haven't had this kind of a loosing streak since i've started playing, i was wondering does this happen to other players, do they mean i'm doing something wrong, and how often can i expect loosing streaks like this one happening?

ty for your help.
  • 6 replies